Early life and education
Priya completed her bachelor's degree in corporate secretariatship at Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai. She completed her Masters and M. Phil in Sociology at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi. She began her service for the country as the Batch (TNPSC Group-1) Divisional Officer, Fire and Rescue Service-2003. She completed her Divisional Officer course at National Fire Service College, Nagpur, with distinction and underwent training at the Fire Service College, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, England.She is married to Ravichandran an IRS officer who is currently the Additional Director of International Taxation.
Priya hosted the prestigious Team commander for the Republic Day parade Contingent for the year-2008 and 2009. She has been member of many government committees, including verifying the direct recruitment of Women Station Officers. She is a board member for the interview of the selected candidates in TNPSC. Prior to assuming office in Chennai she served the Coimbatore region.
Priya was among eight representatives selected from various departments in Government of India to visit Germany for studying industrial risk management.
Awards and honours
- Anna Medal for Gallantry by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for Bravery and selfless courage.
- President’s Award for gallantry.
- "Fire drill". The Hindu. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "NATIONAL / TAMIL NADU : Valiant officer suffers 40% burns". The Hindu. 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2012-03-23.
- "SP assumes charge". The Hindu. 13 October 2005. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Injured Divisional Fire Officer responding well to treatment". The Hindu. 24 January 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Chennai marches ahead on Republic Day". Deccan Chronicle. 27 January 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "President’s medal for Fire Officer". The New Indian Express. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.