Priyanka Kothari at LAKME Fashion Week 2011
November 30, 1983
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
|Other names||Nisha Kothari
|Occupation||Actress, Stage performer|
Priyanka Kothari (born 1983), often credited as Nisha Kothari or Amoga, is an Indian actress and model. She has appeared in Bollywood, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada films. She has frequently appeared in Ram Gopal Varma films and is considered a sex symbol.
Kothari was born in Kolkata. She moved to New Delhi while in grade 10 and got her bachelor's degree in Chemistry from Delhi University at Dyal Singh College, Delhi. She chose chemistry as her father is a chemical businessman, while her mother is a home-maker. She has learnt Kathak for six years and attended acting classes with Kishore Namit Kapoor.
After college, Kothari became a model and appeared in a number of advertisement campaigns. She appeared in the music video of the remix of Chadti Jawani Meri Chaal Mastani. In 2003, she got her big break through actor Madhavan, who recommended her for an audition in his film after viewing her photographs. She made her acting debut with him in the Tamil film Jay Jay, credited as Amoga. She made her Bollywood debut in the 2005 film Sarkar and then later that same year appeared in James, directed by Ram Gopal Varma and Rohit Jugraj respectively. James turned her into a sex symbol overnight. She then went on to do The Killer with Emraan Hashmi. Since then she had appeared in less significant films and roles. She was regularly seen in Ram Gopal Varma's films  like Shiva, Darna Zaroori Hai, Aag, in which she played a tapori called Ghungroo, Darling  and Agyaat  and also his productions like Go and Stalker. Most of the films were unsuccessful. She made her Sandalwood debut with Raaj-the Showman opposite Puneet Rajkumar in 2009  and later did a supporting role in Dandupalya. She was seen in a Telugu film with Balakrishna, Okka Magadu which also bombed  and also acted in a film titled Hari Om.
Her only 2011 release was Bin Bulaye Baraati. In 2013, she appeared in a Malaysian Tamil film titled, Ops Kossa Dappa 3. She will be seen in the Tamil film Padam Pesum  and has signed up a Telugu thriller titled Criminals.
Kothari is a member of the International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy Of Film & Television.
In 2011, she walked the ramp at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW), which she describes as her comeback in Bollywood.
|2003||Jay Jay||Jamuna||Tamil||Credited as Amoga|
|2005||James||Nisha V. Rawat||Hindi|
|Darna Zaroori Hai||Hindi||Special appearance|
|2007||Go||Vasundhara 'Vasu' Dave||Hindi|
|Darling||Hindi||Special appearance in a promotional video|
|Raaj-The Showman||Parvathy||Kannada||Nominated-Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Kannada|
|2010||Kacheri Arambam||Item number||Tamil||Special appearance|
|2011||Bin Bulaye Baraati||Shreya||Hindi|
|2013||Ops Kossa Dappa 3||Tamil||Malaysian film|
|Nuvve Naa Bangaram||Telugu|
- PRAVDA GODBOLE, TNN Jun 25, 2008, 12.00am IST (2008-06-25). "'Call me Priyanka' - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Nisha Kothari comes back to Kollywood!
- Nisha says, my foot!
- Luck by chance
- I am who I am
- Vodafone updates on Puneet’s new film
- "'I am not sexy" : Nisha Kothari - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2007-08-25. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Interview with Nisha Kothari: "It feels nice to be a sex symbol"". Indiaglitz.com. 2006-07-20. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Saturday, 27 June 2009 (2009-06-27). "Priyanka Kothari grows up in 'Agyaat'". Masala!. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Luck by chance". The Hindu. 2009-12-15. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "I am a dreamer – Nisha Kothari". Indiaglitz.com. 2006-06-12. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Bollywood's hottest faces". Movies.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "I have a small and cute role, says Priyanka Kothari - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-05-24. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "The Ten Worst Films Of Ram Gopal Varma - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- MADHU DAIHTOTA (2007-10-01). "Remaking Shola was a mistake:Nisha - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Nikhat Kazmi (2006-09-16). "Shiva - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha Kothari’s item number in Boo - Darna Zaroori Hai". Sify.com. 2005-11-14. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha Kothari does a Basanti - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2007-07-19. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha Kothari's item number in Darling". Sify.com. 2007-07-30. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "RGV's heroine nurses broken leg". Sify.com. 2009-02-26. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Vickey Lalwani, Mumbai Mirror (2011-08-22). "Ram Gopal Varma back with Nisha Kothari - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Priyanka Kothari ki Aag ! - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Richa Bhatia (2012-04-02). "Nisha Kothari to do RGV's new film - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- Aparna Phadke (2007-11-07). "Nisha Kothari:The name is Priyanka - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha Kothari’s next is Criminals - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-08-16. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Review: Dandupalya tells a spine chilling story - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha Kothari comes back to Kollywood! - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- m.l.n (2012-05-27). "Antidote to betting". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Priyanka is back!". Deccan Chronicle. 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Nisha is on a song now - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-07-06. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- IANS (2013-08-18). "Second innings in Telugu". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-11-29.
- "Priyanka Kothari supports Woman Power". The Times of India. 30 April 2011. Retrieved 16 May 2011.
- "Consider ramp walk as my comeback: Nisha Kothari". Indiavision news. October 10, 2011.