HP ProLiant is a brand of server computers that was originally developed and marketed by Compaq. After Compaq merged with Hewlett-Packard (HP), HP retired its former 'Netserver' brand in favor of the ProLiant brand. HP ProLiant systems lead the x86 server market in terms of units and revenue.
ProLiant servers are separated into four main product lines - ML, DL, BL, and SL - which generally denote form factor. The ProLiant ML line comprises tower-based servers (convertible to rack mount) with capacity for internal expansion of disks and interconnects, while the DL line comprises general purpose rack mount servers. The BL line comprises blade servers which fit within the HP BladeSystem, and the SL line comprises dense rack mount servers for scale out environments.
ProLiant servers are also split into several series which denote processor configuration. The 100, 200, 300 and 400 series comprise single and dual socket capable systems, the 500 and 600 series comprise quad socket capable systems, and the 700 and 900 series comprises eight socket capable systems. The 900 series also includes eight sockets, supporting up to 80 CPU cores and up to 4 TB of RAM.
The ProLiant forms part of the HP Converged Systems, which use a common Converged Infrastructure architecture for server, storage, and networking products.  Designed to support 50 to 300 Virtual machines, the HP ConvergedSystem 300 is configured with ProLiant servers.  A System administrator can manage ProLiant servers using HP OneView for converged infrastructure management.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ProLiant.|
- "new hp industry standard server family". FAQ. HP.
- Vassou, Andrea. "IDC Report Finds Worldwide Server Market Revenues Increase" "Tech Eye" May 27, 2010, retrieved May 27, 2010
- "HP Accelerates Server Market Transformation with Self-sufficient HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers". Hewlett-Packard. 2012-02-13.
- Rouse, Margaret. (2013-12). “Definition: Converged Infrastructure,” TechTarget.com. 
- Morgan, Timothy Prickett. (2013-4-29). “HP mashes up ProLiant, Integrity, BladeSystem, and Moonshot server business,” The Register.com. 
- Tiano, Luigi. (2013-9-28). “HP OneView Managing the Converged Infrastructure Data Center,” 1CloudRoad. 
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|