From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Process Supervision)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
Process supervision is a form of operating system service management in which some master process remains the parent of the service processes.
- Ability to restart services which have failed
- The fact that it does not require the use of "pidfiles"
- Clean process state
- Reliable logging, because the master process can capture the stdout/stderr of the service process and route it to a log
- Faster (concurrent) and ability to start up and stop
- Supervisor: implementation in Python
- God: implementation in Ruby
- Eye: implementation in Ruby