|Launch site||Baikonur Site 1/5|
|Launch date||19 April 1992
|Decay Date||27 June 1992
|Free flight time||2 days|
|Docked time||67 days|
|Docking port||Core Forward|
|Docking date||21 April 1992
|Undocking date||27 June 1992
|Periapsis||371 kilometres (231 mi)|
|Apoapsis||415 kilometres (258 mi)|
|Total||7,250 kg (16,000 lb)|
Progress M-12 was a Russian unmanned cargo spacecraft which was launched in 1992 to resupply the Mir space station. The thirtieth of sixty four Progress spacecraft to visit Mir, it used the Progress-M 11F615A55 configuration, and had the serial number 213. It carried supplies including food, water and oxygen for the EO-11 crew aboard Mir, as well as equipment for conducting scientific research, and fuel for adjusting the station's orbit and performing manoeuvres.
Progress M-12 was launched at 21:29:25 GMT on 19 April 1992, atop a Soyuz-U2 carrier rocket flying from Site 1/5 at the Baikonur Cosmodrome. Following two days of free flight, it docked with the Forward port of the core module of Mir at 23:21:59 GMT on 21 April. During the 67 days for which Progress M-12 was docked, Mir was in an orbit of around 371 by 415 kilometres (200 by 224 nmi), inclined at 51.6 degrees. Progress M-12 undocked from Mir at 21:34:44 GMT on 27 June, and was deorbited few hours later, to a destructive reentry over the Pacific Ocean at around 00:02:51 the next day.
See also 
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Satellite Catalog". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Progress M-12". NSSDC Master Catalog. US National Space Science Data Center. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Krebs, Gunter. "Progress-M 1 - 13, 15 - 37, 39 - 67 (11F615A55, 7KTGM)". Gunter's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Launch Log". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Anikeev, Alexander. "Cargo spacecraft "Progress M-12"". Manned Astronautics - Figures & Facts. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Wade, Mark. "Progress M". Encyclopedia Astronautica. Retrieved 2009-08-31.[dead link]
|This article about one or more spacecraft of the Russian Federation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|