Progress M-18M approaches the ISS on 11 February 2013.
|Mission type||ISS resupply|
|Spacecraft type||Progress-M 11F615A60|
|Start of mission|
|Launch date||11 February 2013, 14:41UTC|
|Launch site||Baikonur Site 1/5|
|End of mission|
|Decay date||26 July 2013, 00:42UTC|
|Perigee||401 kilometres (249 mi)|
|Apogee||417 kilometres (259 mi)|
|Epoch||11 February 2013|
|Docking with ISS|
|Docking port||Pirs Docking Compartment|
|Docking date||12 February 2013, 20:35 UTC|
|Undocking date||25 July 2013, 20:43 UTC|
|Time docked||164 days, 0 hour, 8 minutes|
Progress M-18M (Russian: Прогресс М-18М), identified by NASA as Progress 50 or 50P, is a Progress spacecraft used by Roskosmos to resupply the International Space Station during 2013. Progress M-18M was sent on a 4-Orbit rendezvous profile that was already demonstrated by the Progress M-16M and Progress M-17M spacecraft in 2012.
Progress M-18M docked with the Pirs Docking Compartment at 20:35 GMT less than six hours after the launch. The successful docking climaxed the third successful Same-Day-Rendezvous in the International Space Station history.
Progress M-18M delivered about 764 pounds (346 kilograms) of propellant, 110 pounds (50 kg) of oxygen and air, 926 pounds (420 kg) of water and about 3,000 pounds (1,360 kg) of spare parts, science gear and other supplies to the Space Station.
Undocking and Reentry
Progress M-18M undocked from the ISS July 25, 2013. The reentry procedure was scheduled to begin around 11:53 p.m. GMT.
- McDowell, Jonathan. "Satellite Catalog". Jonathan's Space Page. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Pete Harding and William Graham (11 February 2013). "Progress M-18M docks with ISS following same day launch". NASAspaceflight.com. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Progress M-18M Mission Updates". SPACEFLIGHT101. 11-02-2013. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- Tariq Malik (11 February 2013). "Robotic Russian Supply Ship Docks With Space Station". SPACE.com. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Russia’s Progress Spacecraft Undocks From Space Station". RIA Novosti. July 26, 2013.