From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Prohibition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prohibition refers to the act of prohibiting a certain substance or act.
Prohibition may refer to:
- Prohibition of alcohol — periods in several countries during which the manufacture, transportation, import, export, and sale of alcoholic beverages is restricted or illegal
- Prohibition of drugs
- War on Drugs — an initiative undertaken by the United States to carry out an "all-out offensive" (as President Nixon described it) against the possession of certain drugs by moving them into the purview of the black market
- Prohibition sign ("no" symbol) — a red circle with a diagonal line through it (running from top left to bottom right), covering a pictogram to indicate something is not permitted
- Prohibition (miniseries) — A Ken Burns documentary on the American temperance movement and prohibition
- Writ of prohibition — in the United States, is an official legal document drafted and issued by a supreme court or superior court to a judge presiding over a suit in an inferior court. The writ of prohibition mandates the inferior court to cease any action over the case because it may not fall within that inferior court's jurisdiction
- In the Quran, sura 66, At-Tahrim, is generally translated as "Prohibition".
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Prohibition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.