Project Angel Food
Project Angel Food is a nonprofit agency in Los Angeles County which provides free and nutritious meals for men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
As at 2011, the Project had approximately 7% government funding. At that time it was estimated it cost $5 million per year to run, including 21 full-time staff and 6 part-time staff. The Project partnered with Community Gardens to cut the cost of fresh fruit and vegetables after their revenue dropped from approximately $5.6 million in 2008 to $4.3 million in 2010.
Fund raising and community interaction
Project Angel Food has been running a fundraiser, called the Angel Awards, since 1995.
- Adams, Bob (February 2005). "Man of Confidence". HIV Plus 8 (1): 40.
- A Life on Fire: Living Your Life with Passion, Balance and Abundance. Enlightened Alliances, LLC. ISBN 9780977075300.
- McLellan, Dennis (19 March 2003). "Founder of mothers' anti-war group dies". The Spokesman Review. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Driggs, Alexis (2 December 2011). "Project Angel Food Cuts Costs, Saves Nutrition". Neon Tommy. University of Southern California. Retrieved 7 December 2013.
- Higgins, Bill (16 August 2011). "'GLEE' EXEC TO BE HONORED AT PROJECT ANGEL FOOD'S 'ANGEL AWARDS'". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 7 December 2013.