New York, New York, United States
|Key people||Jon Azrielant, Executive Director|
|Focus(es)||Electric Vehicles, Carbon Footprint|
Project EVIE was a non-profit organization founded in the United States aiming to promote the adoption of electric vehicles. On June 1, 2010, the organization intended to launch the first expedition to drive around the world in a production electric vehicle. The expedition wished to cover 6 continents and 70 countries in 18 months, with a total expected mileage of 70,000 miles. Sufficient funding was not obtained, and the intended expedition did not occur.
- Project EVIE was intended to lead the first expedition around the world in a commercially available electric vehicle, taking one big step for a sustainable future and leaving no footprint.
Project EVIE's expedition was intended to begin in New Zealand, continue by boat to Australia, then to Singapore. The expedition team would have crossed Southeast Asia into mainland China, Japan, Nepal and into India. The expedition would have continued into Southern Pakistan, Iran and entered Europe through Turkey. After a loop around Europe, the expedition would have gone through Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel, entering Africa through Egypt. The expedition route was planned to continue across North Africa to Dakar, Senegal and continue by boat to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- "Project Evie: Around the world in an electric car" RideLust.com April 9, 2010.
- "Racing Around the World in Electric Cars, Dodging Minefields" The Daily Green April 8, 2010.
- "Around the World in an Electric Car" Change.org Mar 4, 2010.
- "Five Questions: Jon Azrielant, Project EViE Executive Director" Green Car Reports. Feb 23, 2010.
- "Project Evie Will Drop EV Around Parts Of Globe To Prove Viability" EarthTechling. Feb 19, 2010.
- "Project EVIE | Around the world in a production electric vehicle" ekopolitan. Feb 10, 2010.
- "Project EVIE: Around the World in an Electric Car" Fast Company. Feb 2, 2010.
- "Project Evie getting ready to go 'round the world in an electric car" AutoBlog Green. Feb 2, 2010.
- "EVCast #318" EVCast. Jan 27, 2010.
- "Power Play" Hemispheres Magazine. Jan 1, 2010.
- "Around the World in an Electric Car: Four University of Chicago alumni prove environmentally friendly vehicles can go the distance" Chicago Weekly. Dec 4, 2009.
- "Spotlight On... Project EVIE" The Leaflet. Dec 1, 2009.
- "Project EVIE getting ready to go 'round the world in an electric car". Autoblog Green. February 2, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "Five Questions: Jon Azrielant, Project EVIE Executive Director". Green Car Reports. February 23, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "Power Play". Hemispheres Magazine. January 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-24.