Project Green Oman
The Greener Nature, Better Future
|Type||Environmental organization (Non-Profit)(NGO)|
|Founded||Salalah, Dhofar, Oman (April 5, 2012)|
|Headquarters||Salalah, Dhofar, Oman|
|Parent||Project GreenWorld International|
|Subsidiaries||Greenworld.Int- THE ONLINE WORLDWIDE PROJECT|
Project Green Oman, is a project launched to promote Eco-friendliness in Oman by Project Greenworld International, an organization founded by a student at Indian School, Salalah, Hridith Sudev (age 12), and his younger brother Samved Shaji (age 7).
The duo's project won the award for the best project initiated for promoting eco-friendliness in Oman for the 2012 World Environment Day Global School Contest conducted by the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. On June 5, 2014, International Energy Globe Award, Austria declared Project GreenOman as Oman's best project for sustainability.
On 5 April 2012, Mast. Hridith Sudev along with Samved Shaji founded an organization mainly based in Salalah, Oman which is completely managed by kids, the Project Greenworld International. Within a week this organization initiated its first project, Project GreenOman, which won the World Environment Day Global School Contest conducted by the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development. This organization is one among the few organizations founded by kids to get an international recognition. Hridith Sudev and Samved Shaji were officially declared as the representatives of Oman to Rio+20 on July 22, 2012. On June 5, 2014, International Energy Globe Award, Austria declared Project GreenOman as Oman's best project for sustainability and PRGROM became Oman's National winner for Energy Globe Awards 2014
This Project was made by involving many volunteers and members. The project focused on five environmental issues and was divided into six sectors to make the result better-
- Global Warming & Climate change
- Ecosystem Conservation
- Recycling and Waste management
- Green buildings
- Water Conservation
- Spreading awareness about the need to Conserve Nature.
PRGROM is the official abbreviation of Project GreenOman
Notable Works in Oman
Project GreenOman regularly conducts tree plantation drives. PRGROM conducted its first annual NATURE WALK on 16 November 2012 in the wooded regions of Zeek in Salalah (Oman). The purpose of the Nature Walk was to explore biodiversity. PRGROM conducted its first ever Cleanup Campaign on 1 January 2013, the new year day of 2013.The main motive of the campaign was to clean up all the Non - Biodegradable wastes in the selected area. PRGROM has also conducted Anti-Smoking Campaigns. PRGROM has also actively celebrated World Environment Day , World Earth Day and World Water Day. It was also one of Salalah's first organizations to observe 'Earth Hour'. Every Year the 'PRGROM Water Day' falls on March 31.
Awards and honours
- Oman National Winner for the 2012 World Environment Day Global School Contest conducted by the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development.
- Oman National Winner for the 2014 Energy Globe Award.
- Indian School, Salalah
- United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development
- World Environment Day
- Energy Globe Award
- "Project Greenworld International". Wix.com. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- Nair, Rohit (4 July 2012). "Project Green Oman". theweek. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- Rejimon, K. (24 June 2012). "ISS student bags UN's eco award". Times of Oman. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- ,The International Energy Globe Awards committee announced Project GreenOman as Oman's National Winner in the Energy Globe Awards 2014
- "മലയാളി വിദ്യാര്ഥികളുടെ ഭൗമ പദ്ധതിക്ക് യു.എന്. അംഗീകാരം". Madhyamam. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GreenOman.|