Project Morpheus (virtual reality)
A man demos Project Morpheus at 2014's Game Developers Conference.
|Manufacturer||Sony Computer Entertainment|
Project Morpheus is the codename for an upcoming virtual reality headset produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is designed to be fully functional with the Sony PlayStation 4 and work with the PlayStation Vita. It is currently a prototype and will be released sometime after 2014.
Project Morpheus was first announced at The 2014 Game Developers Conference. Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida introduced the device on March 18, 2014 and stated Project Morpheus was "the next innovation from PlayStation that will [shape] the future of games."
Project Morpheus was first demonstrated on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon playing The Castle and later at E3 2014 where anybody could test it out.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)|
- Among The Sleep (Krillbite Studio)
- The Assembly (nDreams)
- The Castle (SCE)
- Cult County (Renegade Kid)
- The Deep
- Eve Valkyrie
- Jurassic Encounter (Supermassive Games)
- Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios)
- Q.U.B.E² (Toxic Games)
- Street Luge (SCE London Studios)
- Summer Lesson (Katsuhiro Harada)
- Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios)
- Thief (Eidos Montréal)
- War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment)
- The Forest (Endnight Games)
- "Sony announces Project Morpheus, a virtual reality headset coming to PlayStation 4". Polygon. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- Makuch, Eddie (2014-03-20). "PS4's Project Morpheus VR device won't launch in 2014, $1000 price point unlikely". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-07-16.
- "Watch the full reveal for Sony's virtual reality headset, Project Morpheus". Polygon. Mar 26, 2014.
- "Joshua Topolsky Demonstrates Sony's Project Morpheus". NBC.