Project Runway (season 11)
|Project Runway (season 11)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original run||January 24, 2013–|
|Winner||Michelle Lesniak Franklin|
|No. of tasks||12|
|No. of designers||16|
All Stars 2
Project Runway Season 11 is the eleventh season of the television show Project Runway, appearing on Lifetime Television. The season began airing on January 24, 2013 with 16 designers competing to become "the next great American designer." Zac Posen replaced Michael Kors as one of main judges due to scheduling conflicts with Kors.
Lord & Taylor was the exclusive retail sponsor for Project Runway's 11th season and has merchandised the accessory wall with an assortment of products.
|Designer||Original team||Challenge 4 team||Challenge 5
|Michelle||Dream Team||Keeping it Real||Matthew||Amanda||Shades of Grey||Daniel||Stanley||Amanda||Tu||Amanda||Winner|
|Patricia||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Layana||Samantha||Shades of Grey||Stanley||Richard||Richard||Kate||Layana||Runner-Up|
|Stanley||Keeping it Real||Dream Team||Richard||Layana||Shades of Grey||Patricia||Michelle||Tu||Richard||Richard||2nd Runner-up|
|Daniel||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Samantha||Richard||Shades of Grey||Michelle||Layana||Samantha||Amanda||Samantha||Eliminated in Challenge 13|
|Layana||Keeping it Real||Dream Team||Patricia||Stanley||Slick and Hip||Richard &
|Daniel||Kate||Samantha||Eliminated in Challenge 12|
|Richard||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Stanley||Daniel||Slick and Hip||Layana &
|Patricia||Eliminated in Challenge 10|
|Samantha||Dream Team||Dream Team||Daniel||Patricia||Slick and Hip||Layana &
|Eliminated in Challenge 9|
|Amanda||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Benjamin||Michelle||Slick and Hip||Eliminated in Challenge 8|
|Kate||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Tu||Tu||Eliminated in Challenge 7|
|Tu||Dream Team||Dream Team||Kate||Kate||Eliminated in Challenge 7|
|Benjamin||Dream Team||Dream Team||Amanda||Eliminated in Challenge 6|
|Matthew||Dream Team||Dream Team||Michelle||Eliminated in Challenge 5|
|Joseph||Keeping it Real||Keeping it Real||Eliminated in Challenge 4|
|Cindy||Dream Team||Eliminated in Challenge 3|
|James||Dream Team||Eliminated in Challenge 2|
|Emily||Dream Team||Eliminated in Challenge 1|
Season 11 Challenges 
|Michelle||IN||IN||IN||IN||LOW||IN||WIN||IN||WIN||HIGH||LOW||IN||ADV||WINNER||14 - Finale, Part 2|
|Daniel||WIN||HIGH||WIN||IN||LOW||HIGH||LOW||IN||HIGH||IN||LOW||IN||OUT||13 - Finale, Part 1|
|Layana||IN||WIN||HIGH||HIGH||IN||IN||IN||LOW||LOW||IN||HIGH||OUT||12 - Europe, Here We Come|
|Richard||HIGH||HIGH||IN||IN||WIN||HIGH||LOW||LOW||LOW||OUT||10 - The Art of Fashion|
|Samantha||IN||IN||IN||WIN||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||OUT||9 - He Said, She Said|
|Amanda||IN||IN||IN||LOW||HIGH||LOW||HIGH||OUT||8 - Take It All Off!|
|Kate||IN||IN||WIN||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||7 - A Sticky Situation|
|Benjamin||IN||LOW||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||OUT||6 - Senior Fling|
|Matthew||IN||LOW||LOW||HIGH||OUT||5 - A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock N Roll|
|Joseph||IN||HIGH||IN||OUT||4 - The Ultimate Hard and Soft|
|Cindy||LOW||LOW||OUT||3 - Surprise Me|
|James||LOW||OUT||2 - Spin Out|
|Emily||OUT||1 - There is No I in Team|
- Scores are based on the Project Runway Website
- ^Note 1 : Before beginning the critique for Team Keeping it Real, Heidi Klum stated that she extremely disliked Richard's outfit and, had his team lost, he could've been in the bottom and/or out. Heidi also stated she did not like Stanley's dress at all and he also could've been in the bottom and/or out had Team Keeping it Real lost, and that they should be very grateful that their teammates were successful.
- ^Note 2 : Although Dream Team was named the winning team, Team Keeping It Real, despite their lack of cohesion, was also declared strong, and Heidi referred to them as the "almost-winning team", as opposed to being the losing team.
- ^Note 3 : Before allowing Patricia, Michelle, and Layana to leave the runway, Heidi stated that Layana and Michelle had the highest scores out of all the designers and would've been in the top had Patricia not scored very low. The judges also expressed that Kate would not had have been in the bottom had Tu done better.
- ^Note 4 The judges critiqued all teams, and although Stanley and Layana were technically the safe team, they received positive feedback.
- ^Note 5 Patricia and Michelle were left on the runway as the bottom two in this episode. After Heidi told Patricia that she was in, Michelle was the only one left. Though she lost the challenge, Heidi told her that she had a "do or die" moment, and would be given a second chance, much to the shock of her and her fellow remaining designers. It was revealed in the next episode that she was still in the competition but would not be traveling to Europe like the other remaining designers.
- Limegreen background and WINNER means the designer won Project Runway Season 11.
- Teal background and ADV means the designer was advanced to Fashion Week.
- Blue background and WIN means the designer won that challenge.
- Turquoise background and HIGH means the designer had the second highest score for that challenge.
- Light blue background and HIGH means the designer had one of the highest scores for that challenge.
- Pink background and LOW means the designers had one of the lowest scores for that challenge.
- Orange background and LOW means the designer was in the bottom two or three (as in episode 5).
- Red background and OUT means the designer lost and was out of the competition.
Episode 1: There is No 'I' in Team 
Original airdate: January 24, 2013
- Season 11 returns with a twist that throws 16 eager new designers into a panic when they discover they will be participating in the series first-ever "Teams Edition." In the premiere episode, the designers will have New York as their inspiration in creating their garments.
- Guest Judge: Christian Siriano
- WINNER: Daniel (Keeping It Real)
- ELIMINATED: Emily (Dream Team)
Episode 2: Spin Out 
Original airdate: January 31, 2013
- The designers serve up ball-boy outfits and new server uniforms for a Ping-Pong social club.
- Guest Judge: Susan Sarandon
- WINNER: Layana (Keeping It Real)
- ELIMINATED: James (Dream Team)
Episode 3: Surprise Me 
Original airdate: February 7, 2013
- The contestants are tasked to design garments for host Heidi Klum for the launch of her new fragrance line. Heidi will wear the winning garments in her national commercial and a second winning garment for a press event.
- Guest Judge: Kristin Davis
- WINNER: Kate (Keeping It Real) & Daniel (Keeping It Real)
- ELIMINATED: Cindy (Dream Team)
Episode 4: The Ultimate Hard and Soft 
Original airdate: February 14, 2013
- While the teams get a twist, the designers also get a blast from the past when two unconventional challenges are merged into one for their newest challenge--creating a line out of hard and soft materials from the flower shop and hardware store.
- Guest Judge: Bette Midler
- WINNER: Samantha (Dream Team)
- ELIMINATED: Joseph (Keeping It Real)
Episode 5: A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock N Roll 
Original airdate: February 21, 2013
- The designers are separated into teams of two to create a performance outfit and a red-carpet look for country artist Miranda Lambert, who is also the guest judge.
|Team||Performance Outfit||The Red-Carpet Look|
- Guest Judge: Miranda Lambert
- WINNER: Richard
- ELIMINATED: Matthew
Episode 6: Senior Fling 
Original airdate: February 28, 2013
- Fashionable clothes for senior citizens are created by the contestants
- Guest Judge: Rachel Roy (sitting in for Zac Posen) & Joan Rivers & Melissa Rivers
- WINNER: Stanley
- ELIMINATED: Benjamin
Episode 7: A Sticky Situation 
Original airdate: March 7, 2013
- The contestants design fashion-forward prom looks constructed from duct tape.
- Guest Judge: Chris Benz
- WINNER: Michelle
- ELIMINATED: Kate & Tu
Episode 8: Take It All Off! 
Original airdate: March 14, 2013
- The contestants design outfits for the male revue Australia's Thunder from Down Under
- Guest Judge: Emmy Rossum
- WINNER: None
- ELIMINATED: Amanda
Episode 9: He Said, She Said 
Original airdate: March 21, 2013
- For this episode, the designers are instructed to draw inspiration from Lord & Taylor’s signature “American Beauty Rose” and create a design with the retailer’s customer in mind.
- Guest Judge: Rachel Roy (sitting in for Zac Posen) & Bonnie Brooks
- WINNER: Michelle
- ELIMINATED: Samantha
Episode 10: The Art of Fashion 
Original airdate: March 28, 2013
- The designers will go to the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum and draw some inspiration from the artwork displayed to create their own textile designs for their outfit. The winning designer was also awarded $10,000 and an HP Envy X2.
- Guest Judge: Rachel Roy (sitting in for Zac Posen) & Tracy Reese
- WINNER: Stanley
- ELIMINATED: Richard
Episode 11: Finally on My Own 
Original airdate: April 4, 2013
- The designers get the chance to show off their own aesthetic when they create editorial-worthy looks to be worn by actress Jordana Brewster in Marie Claire. At elimination Patricia and Michelle landed in the bottom two. Heidi said that they were giving Patricia another chance, making it appear that Michelle was being eliminated. However, Heidi told Michelle that she was getting another chance, too. Michelle must prove herself as the episode ends with uncertainty as to whether or not there will be an elimination.
- Guest Judge: Jordana Brewster
- WINNER: Stanley
- ELIMINATED: None
Episode 12: Europe, Here We Come 
Original airdate: April 11, 2013
- The designers travel to Berlin, Barcelona, London and Paris to get inspiration for the final challenge before the finale. Michelle was given a second chance to stay in the competition in this episode, but would draw inspiration from New York City, rather than travelling to Europe with the other designers.
- Guest Judge: John Legend
- WINNER: None
- ELIMINATED: Layana
Episode 13: Finale: Part 1 
Original airdate: April 18, 2013
- The finalists work on their collections; Tim Gunn visits each of the finalists in their hometown.
- Guest Judge: None
- ADVANCED TO FASHION WEEK: Michelle, Patricia, Stanley
- ELIMINATED: Daniel
Episode 14: Finale: Part 2 
Original airdate: April 25, 2013
- The designers show their collections in the final runway show at Lincoln Center.
- Guest Judge: Michael Kors
- WINNER: Michelle
- ELIMINATED: Stanley & Patricia
Episode 15: Reunion Special 
Original airdate: May 2, 2013
- After the Finale, the designers reunite to discuss their journey on Project Runway.
- "Project Runway Designers", Project Runway official site. Lifetime Television. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Introducing the Season 11 Cast!". January 10, 2013.