Project Runway (season 13)
|Project Runway (season 13)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Original run||July 24, 2014– October 23, 2014|
|No. of tasks||14|
|No. of designers||19|
Project Runway Season 13 is the thirteenth season of the television show Project Runway, appearing on Lifetime. The season began airing on July 24, 2014, with 18 designers competing to become "the next great American designer." Amanda Valentine, a designer from Season 11 returned to compete once again for the grand prize.
Aldo was the exclusive retail sponsor for Project Runway's 13th season and has merchandised the accessory wall with an assortment of products.
- 1 Designers
- 2 Designer Progress
- 3 Episodes
- 3.1 Episode 1: The Judges Decide
- 3.2 Episode 2: Unconventional Movie Nite
- 3.3 Episode 3: Past, Present, and Future
- 3.4 Episode 4: A Suitable Twist
- 3.5 Episode 5: The Klum of Doom
- 3.6 Episode 6: It's a Nice Day for a Rock Wedding
- 3.7 Episode 7: Priceless Runway
- 3.8 Episode 8: The Rainway
- 3.9 Episode 9: The History of the American Girl
- 3.10 Episode 10: Find Your Muse
- 3.11 Episode 11: Lexus Lux
- 4 References
|Designer||Age||Hometown||Place of Residence||Place Finished|
|Jefferson Musanda||25||Lynn, MA||Brooklyn, NY||16th|
|Carrie Sleutskaya||24||Moscow, Russia||Los Angeles, CA||15th|
|Angela Sum||32||Toronto, Canada||Los Angeles, CA||14th|
|Hernan Lander||33||San Francisco de Macorís, Dominican Republic||New York, NY||13th|
|Mitchell Perry||25||Jacksonville, FL||Ft. Lauderdale, FL||12th|
|Kristine Guico||26||Naperville, IL||Brooklyn, NY||11th|
|Samantha Plasencia||27||San Antonio, TX||San Antonio, TX||10th|
|Fäde Zu Grau||45||Altdöbern, East Germany||Coral Gables, FL||9th|
|Sandhya Garg||28||Delhi, India||Birmingham, AL||8th|
|Alexander Knox||22||Kankakee, IL||Chicago, IL||7th|
|Amanda Valentine*||32||Lincoln, NE||Nashville, TN|
|Charketa "Char" Glover||37||Detroit, MI||Detroit, MI|
|Emily Payne||40||Temple, TX||San Francisco, CA|
|Kiniokahokula "Kini" Zamora||30||Kapolei, HI||Honolulu, HI|
|Korina Emmerich||28||Eugene, OR||Brooklyn, NY|
|Sean Kelly||25||Wellington, New Zealand||Brooklyn, NY|
*Amanda Valentine, designer in Project Runway (season 11), was voted back by fans to this season.
|Alexander||IN||IN||LOW||HIGH||IN||LOW||LOW||IN||IN||OUT||10 - Find Your Muse|
|Sandhya||WIN||LOW||WIN||IN||IN||LOW||IN||HIGH||OUT||9 - The History of the American Girl|
|Fäde||IN||IN||IN||IN||IN||LOW||IN||OUT||8 - The Rainway|
|Samantha||IN||IN||IN||IN||IN||LOW||OUT||7 - Priceless Runway|
|Kristine||IN||HIGH||HIGH||LOW||OUT||5 - The Klum of Doom|
|Hernan||IN||LOW||IN||OUT||4 - A Suitable Twist|
|Angela||LOW||IN||OUT||3 - Past, Present and Future|
|Carrie||IN||OUT||2 - Unconventional Movie Nite|
|Jefferson||OUT||1 - The Judges Decide|
- ^1 : In episode 1, Tim Navarro, Nzinga Knight, and Emmanuel Tobias were the 3 designers who were eliminated before the final 16 were officially participants of the show.
- ^2 : In episode 2, the judges thought Sandhya had the weakest look in the team and she could have gone home if she didn't have immunity.
- ^3 : In episode 3, Heidi stated that Amanda was lucky to have immunity because none of the judges liked her look.
- ^4 : In episode 7, Tim Gunn decided to retroactively use his Tim Gunn Save on Char, canceling out her elimination in episode 6.
- The designer won Project Runway Season 13.
- The designer was advanced to Fashion Week.
- The designer won the challenge.
- The designer came in second but did not win the challenge.
- The designer had one of the highest scores for that challenge, but did not win.
- The designer had one of the lowest scores for that challenge, but was not eliminated.
- The designer was in the bottom two, but was not eliminated.
- The designer lost and was eliminated from the competition.
- The designer withdrew from the competition.
- The designer lost, but was brought back to the competition by Tim Gunn.
- In episode 9 & 10, the models were not needed in the challenge.
- The model won Project Runway Season 13.
- The model wore the winning design that challenge.
- The model wore the losing design that challenge.
- The model was eliminated.
- The model was eliminated, but was brought back.
- Alexandria Serafini
- Alisar Ailabouni
- Angelica Guillen-Jimenez
- Brianna Mellon
- Christabel Campbell
- Jasmine Rivers
- Jasmine Agnew
- Lea Mihevc
- Nea McLin
- Nikola Anderson
- Bella Davis
- DJ Smith
- Ashley Rossi
- Rachel McCray
- Ploy Supawetvehon
- Camille Annise-Lewis
- Alexander Knox: AK
- Amanda Valentine: AV
- Angela Sum: AS
- Carrie Sleutskaya: CS
- Charketa Glover: CG
- Emily Payne: EP
- Fäde Zu Grau: FG
- Hernan Lander: HL
- Jefferson Musanda: JM
- Kini Zamora: KZ
- Korina Emmerich: KE
- Kristine Guico: KG
- Mitchell Perry: MP
- Samantha Plasencia: SP
- Sandhya Garg: SG
- Sean Kelly: SK
Episode 1: The Judges Decide
Original airdate: July 24, 2014
- The designers face one final audition before landing a spot on the series in the Season 13 opener. 15 designers were chosen and 3 were eliminated. The designers who made the show had to create a look that would represent their spring collection if they made it to Fashion Week.
- Guest Judge: Julie Bowen
- WINNER: Sandhya
- ELIMINATED: Tim, Nzinga, Emmanuel & Jefferson
Episode 2: Unconventional Movie Nite
Original airdate: July 31, 2014
- The designers visit a local movie theater, then must produce a fashionable look from unconventional materials found in the theater and on a movie set. The designers worked in teams of 3 to create a cohesive mini-collection.
|Team Name||Team Members|
|Silver||Kristine, Korina, Amanda|
|Blue||Angela, Fade, Sean|
|Purple||Mitchell, Char, Kini|
|Green||Samantha, Emily, Alexander|
|Red||Sandhya, Carrie, Hernan|
- Guest Judge: Garance Doré
- WINNER: Amanda
- ELIMINATED: Carrie
Episode 3: Past, Present, and Future
Original airdate: August 7, 2014
- The designers use their past memories to create a look for the future and can be photographed in Marie Claire Magazine in the next 20 years.
- Guest Judge: Anne Fulenwider & Amanda de Cadenet
- WINNER: Sandhya
- ELIMINATED: Angela
Episode 4: A Suitable Twist
Original airdate: August 14, 2014
- This was the Red Robin Challenge. The designers must revamp men's vintage suits to create looks for the modern woman. Since Sandhya won the last challenge, she got to choose her suit first. Then she got to chose every suit for every person. Many were happy and some were upset, especially Hernan and Mitchell.
- Guest Judge: Bethany Mota
- WINNER: Amanda
- ELIMINATED: Hernan
Episode 5: The Klum of Doom
Original airdate: August 21, 2014
- The designers fashion a look for host Heidi Klum to wear to the Emmys. When Heidi and Tim made the trips around the workroom, Heidi was not satisfied. Heidi then allowed the designers to go to Mood to buy more fabric to revamp or redo their garments.
- Guest Judge: Lindsey Vonn
- WINNER: Sean
- ELIMINATED: Mitchell and Kristine
Episode 6: It's a Nice Day for a Rock Wedding
Original airdate: August 28, 2014
- The designers working in pairs to create unconventional wedding dresses and reception looks.
- Guest Judge: Dita Von Teese & Chiara Ferragni
- WINNER: Sean
- ELIMINATED: Char
Episode 7: Priceless Runway
Original airdate: September 4, 2014
- Pieces of Chopard jewelry inspire looks. Also: The designers visit a museum exhibit featuring the work of designer Charles James. Tim uses his 'Tim Gunn Save' to bring back Char, after having not done so immediately following her elimination from the competition the previous week.
- Guest Judge: Caroline Scheufele
- SAVED: Char
- WINNER: Korina
- ELIMINATED: Samantha
Episode 8: The Rainway
Original airdate: September 11, 2014
- The designers create avant-garde styles that must stand up to the elements, particularly rain.
- Guest Judge: Caitlin Fitzgerald
- WINNER: Sean & Kini
- ELIMINATED: Fäde
Episode 9: The History of the American Girl
Original airdate: September 18, 2014
- The designers try to deliver stylish, age-appropriate looks inspired by American Girl dolls.
- Guest Judge: Elisabeth Moss & Heather Northrop
- WINNER: Kini
- ELIMINATED: Sandhya
Episode 10: Find Your Muse
Original airdate: September 25, 2014
- The clothiers seek their muse in the form of a complete stranger found on the streets of New York City. Here, they must convince the muses to undergo makeovers while creating looks for them.
- Guest Judge: Asha Leo & Michelle Monaghan
- WINNER: Korina
- ELIMINATED: Alexander
Episode 11: Lexus Lux
Original airdate: October 2, 2014
- The designers drive Lexus vehicles in their quest to track down vintage and unique materials at flea markets, garage sales and storage facilities.
- Guest Judge: Christian Siriano
- "Project Runway Designers", Project Runway Official Site. Lifetime Television. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "Meet the Project Runway Season 12 Designers". TomAndLorenzo.com. July 18, 2013.
- "Bio for Fäde Zu Grau". ProjectRunway.com. August 9, 2014.
- "Project Runway: Coming Up on Episode 8 of Project Runway Season 13", Project Runway Official Site. Lifetime Television. First look on rainway, viewed September 5, 2014.