Project Runway Canada
|Project Runway Canada|
Logo of Project Runway Canada
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||23|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original channel||Slice (2007)
|Original run||October 8, 2007 – April 14, 2009|
Project Runway Canada is a Gemini Award-winning Canadian television adaptation of the American reality television series Project Runway, which debuted on the Slice network on October 8, 2007. The second season aired on Global. The series' host is fashion model Iman, while Canadian designer Brian Bailey acts as the contestants' mentor. The series was canceled over one year after the second season finale.
This was the debut season of Project Runway and aired from October 8, 2007 to December 12, 2007 on the Slice network. Ratings were amazing for the newly branded network and the show won a Gemini Award. The winner of the season was Evan Biddell who won $100,000 to start a line, a portfolio photo shoot with L'Oreal Paris and a spread with Elle Canada magazine featuring the winning model, Ashley Heart.
Season 2 aired on Global. The winner of the season was Sunny Fong, winning the cover and a feature spread in ELLE Canada with winning model Victoria, a professional portfolio photo shoot courtesy of L'Oréal Paris, a 'Runway to Retail' business mentorship with Winners, and $100,000 to start his own fashion line.
- GeminiAwards.ca. "Best Reality Program or Series".
- "The all-new season of "Project Runway Canada" is coming to Global, winter 2009.". Canada.com. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- Dowling, Amber. ‘Project Runway Canada’ done. TV Guide Canada. May 28, 2010. Retrieved August 6, 2010.
- Official website for Season 1
- Official website for Season 2
- AOL Canada Project Runway Canada website
|This article about a television show originating in Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|