|Traded as||LSE: PRW|
|Philip Rowley, Chairman
Jim Marshall, CEO
|Products||ClassFlow, ActivInspire, ActivBoard, ActivTable, ActivExpression, ActiVote|
|Revenue||£205.1 million (2009)|
|£29.5 million (2009)|
|£12.2 million (2009)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Our Ultimate Purpose is To Motivate the Student To Learn|
Promethean World plc (LSE: PRW) is a global education company, that develops, integrates and implements learning environments. The company has headquarters in Blackburn in Lancashire and in Atlanta, USA. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE SmallCap Index.
Tony Cann founded Promethean in Blackburn, Lancashire in 1997 with the launch of PandA software, the forerunner to Activstudio and Activprimary, a range of software for use in company presentations and meetings. Tony Cann was replaced by Graham Howe as chairman in July 2005. James Marshall became CEO in September 2012 and Graham Howe himself stood down as chairman and was replaced by Philip Rowley in May 2014.
Promethean has offices in Blackburn (UK) and regional offices in Atlanta, USA, Paris, France, China, Singapore and Bahrain. Promethean's main manufacturing unit is based in Shenzhen (China) and the company has product distribution facilities in Europe and the USA.
- Promethean World: Financials
- Supergroup and Promethean World in £400m listings bonanza Daily Mail, 12 March 2010
- Promethean World Said to Offer 224 Million-Pound IPO Bloomberg, 1 March 2010
- "Losses narrow at Promethean World". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "New CEO takes over at Promethean". EDucation Investor. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 8 January 2014.