From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up promoter in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Promoter may refer to:
- Promoter (entertainment), one who makes arrangements for events
- Tour promoter, individuals or companies responsible for organizing a live concert tour or special event performance
- Corporate promoter, an entity who takes active steps in the formation, organization, or financing of a corporation
- Promoter (genetics), a regulatory region of DNA usually located upstream of a gene, providing a control point for regulated gene transcription
- Promoter (catalysis), an accelerator of a catalyst, though not a catalyst itself
- Promoter (role variant), one of the sixteen personality types of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- Promoter (Catholic church), an office of the Catholic Church such as Promoter of the Laity, Promoter of Peace and Justice, or Promoter of the Faith (also known as the Devil's advocate)
- Promotor (Dutch-Belgian academia), a full professor of a Dutch or Flanders university who formally promotes a PhD candidate to doctor, and is (formally) the principal supervisor during the doctoral research.
See also 
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.