|Key people||CEO: Gary Hannah|
Pronexus is a software company based in Ottawa, Ontario, founded in 1994. The company produces voice application and Interactive Voice Response tools that developers use to integrate voice/speech technology with business systems. Pronexus employs a team of experts with qualifications in telephony and speech.
Pronexus' VBVoice is a rapid application development (RAD) Interactive Voice Response (IVR) toolkit for telephony and speech inside Microsoft Visual Studio.NET. First introduced in 1994, VBVoice includes a graphical user interface (GUI) for call flow and call control. Many IVR applications can be created with the toolkit, including auto attendants, outbound IVRs, predictive dialers, and self-service IVRs.
- Pronexus releases VBVoice 7
- Pronexus launches IVR solutions locator
- Pronexus achieves Microsoft Gold Certified Partner status
- Pronexus partners with distributor Bludis
- Pronexus celebrates 15th anniversary in business
- Pronexus opens Compentency Center in Mumbai, India under joint operating agreement with Techtree IT
- Pronexus wins its 14th Product of the Year award for VBVoice
- VBVoice 5.6 IVR Development Application voted "Best Development Tool" at World's Communication Conference - ITEXPO EAST 2009 
- Pronexus introduces a Japanese version of its award-winning Interactive Voice Response (IVR) toolkit VBVoice
- Pronexus awarded "Innovation Award of Excellence - Exporting"
- Gary T. Hannah named a recipient of the 'Forty under 40' Award
- Gary T. Hannah and employees acquire Pronexus ownership, making it a 100% private, Canadian corporation
- Active Voice takes 100% interest in Pronexus, making it a wholly owned subsidiary of Active Voice
- Gary T. Hannah is named President and CEO of Pronexus
- Pronexus announces partnership with Nuance Communications
- Active Voice acquires 51% shares in Pronexus
- VBVoice awarded 1st Computer Telephony Product of the Year
- Pronexus is incorporated and VBVoice is launched, Microsoft an early adopter
- Ian Bowles, founder of Pronexus, starts programming VBVoice
- "Pronexus VBSALT'TM' 1.2 Delivers Interoperability with New Telephony Interface Managers from Brooktrout and Intel". Marketwire. May 24, 2005. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Problems with Disconnect-Call Notification on Analog Cards". December 18, 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-28. "Ian Rae is a Senior Software Architect at Pronexus Inc., a Microsoft Speech Partner and expert in telephony and speech with over 3,500 clients worldwide."
- "Pronexus Continues to Innovate, Delivers VBVoice 5.3: Unparalleled Performance & Scalability for IVR & Telephony Development in High Density Environments". Business Wire (AccessMyLibrary). January 4, 2005. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Pronexus Case Studies". October 19, 2006. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Pronexus VBVoice Awarded "Best of Show" at World's Communication Conference news release". Reuters. April 23, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-11.
- "Japanese version of VBVoice 5.5 introduced by Pronexus.". Worldwide Computer Products News. June 12, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "Pronexus Awarded 2004 Canadian Innovation of the Year by CATAAlliance and National Research Council". April 29, 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "OCRI - Board of Directors Bio - Gary Hannah". Retrieved 2009-08-28.[dead link]
- "UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION - Active Voice Corporation". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "TMC - People & Places". August 8, 2000. Retrieved 2009-08-28.
- "CMS Communications, Inc. - Products, Active Voice". Retrieved 2009-08-28.[dead link]
- Computer telephony encyclopedia - Google Books. Retrieved 2009-08-28.