|Studio album by Marco Mengoni|
|Released||19 March 2013|
|Label||Sony Music Italy|
|Marco Mengoni chronology|
|Singles from #prontoacorrere|
The album was a commercial success in Italy, debuting at number one on the FIMI Albums Chart and being certified triple platinum for sales exceeding 150,000 units. Its leading single, "L'essenziale", won the 63rd Sanremo Music Festival and represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. After peaking at number one in Italy, the single became a minor hit in other European countries. #prontoacorrere also spawned the singles "Pronto a correre" and "Non passerai", both of which entered the top ten in Italy.
James Sayer of ESC Views wrote an extensive review on the album in June 2013, describing it as a record which "succeeds in amalgamating a number of more unexpected styles into one cohesive piece, driven by Marco's unmistakable vocals" and citing "La vita non ascolta" as a stand-out track. Musica e Dischi's Katia Del Savio also gave a positive review to the album, noting it includes "at least two different souls: the gutsy one and the very sensitive one." Rockol.it's Pop Topoi was less impressed by #prontoacorrere, claiming it still lacks of a focused identity and describing Michele Canova's production as the element which keeps together the material on the album, but also hiding Mengoni's personality.
The album was preceded by the song "L'essenziale", which won the 63rd Sanremo Music Festival and was released as a single in February 2013. It debuted at number one on the Italian Albums Chart, and it was certified double platinum by the Federation of the Italian Music Industry for domestic sales exceeding 60,000 units, later becoming the best-selling single in Italy during the first six months of 2013. "L'essenziale" also entered the top 40 in Switzerland, and it charted on the Belgian Ultratip charts both in Wallonia and the Flanders. After being performed as the Italian entry during the final of Eurovision Song Contest 2013, the song also debuted at number 44 on the Spanish Singles Chart and entered the charts in Austria, Germany and the Netherlands.
Together with "L'essenziale", Mengoni's second entry at the Sanremo Music Festival, "Bellissimo", was digitally released on 14 February 2013. Prior to the album's release, the tracks "Non passerai" and "Non me ne accorgo" were released on iTunes as additional previews of #prontoacorrere. "Non passerai" entered the Italian top 10 in March 2013.
The second official single from the album, "Pronto a correre", was released on 19 April 2013, peaking at number seven on the Italian Top Digital Downloads chart in August 2013 and being certified platinum by the Federation of the Italian Music Industry. "Non passerai" was later confirmed as the album's third single, and it debuted on Italian radio stations on 23 August 2013.
|1.||"L'essenziale"||Roberto Casalino, Francesco De Benedettis, Marco Mengoni||3:38|
|2.||"Non me ne accorgo"||Mengoni, Dario Faini, Piero Romitelli||3:28|
|3.||"Non passerai"||Tobias Gad, Evan Bogart, Lee DeWyze, Andrea Regazzetti||3:43|
|4.||"Un'altra botta"||Mengoni, Regazzetti||3:12|
|5.||"La vita non ascolta"||David Fremberg, Amir Aly, Matthias Max, Regazzetti||3:34|
|6.||"Pronto a correre"||Mark Owen, Benjamin Mark Weaver, Jamie Norton, David James Harvey Gibson, Mengoni, Ermal Meta||3:48|
|7.||"Bellissimo"||Gianna Nannini, Pacifico, Davide Tagliapietra||3:38|
|8.||"La valle dei re"||Cesare Cremonini||4:05|
|9.||"I Got the Fear"||Charlie Grant, Pete Woodroffe, Joe Janiak||3:11|
|10.||"Avessi un altro modo"||Pier Cortese, Alessandro Canini||3:15|
|11.||"Evitiamoci (La soluzione)"||Steve Robson, Mengoni|
|12.||"20 sigarette"||Mengoni, Meta||4:22|
|13.||"Spari nel deserto"||Mengoni, Ivano Fossati||3:25|
|14.||"Una parola"||Simone Baldini Tosi||3:31|
|15.||"Natale senza regali"||Mengoni, Meta||3:44|
|Italian Albums Chart||1|
|Spanish Albums Chart||73|
|Swiss Albums Chart||52|
- Luca Dondoni (19 March 2013). "Marco Mengoni Pronto a correre grazie all’aiuto di Fossati e Cremonini". La Stampa (in Italian). Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Italian album certifications – Mengoni Marco – Prontoacorrere" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Retrieved 20 September 2014. Select Album e Compilation in the field Sezione. Enter Mengoni Marco in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- James Sayer. "Album Review: Marco Mengoni #prontoacorrere". ESC Views. Retrieved 17 June 2013.
- Katia Del Savio (April 2013). "Marco Mengoni - #Prontoacorrere". Musica e Dischi (in Italian). Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- Pop Topoi (25 March 2013). "Marco Mengoni - #PRONTOACORRERE" (in Italian). Rockol.it. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Italian single certifications – Mengoni Marco – Prontoacorrere" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Retrieved 31 July 2013. Select Online in the field Sezione. Enter Mengoni Marco in the field Filtra. The certification will load automatically
- "Top 100 Single Digital - Classifica semestrale 2013 (dal 31 Dicembre 2012 al 30 Giugno 2013)" (PDF) (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Archived from the original on 31 July 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Marco Mengoni - L'essenziale" (in German). Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Top 50 Canciones" (PDF) (in Spanish). Productores de Música de España. 22 May 2013. Archived from the original on 22 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Musica - Bellissimo - Single di Marco Mengoni" (in Italian). iTunes Store (Italy). Apple Inc. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Marco Mengoni / Non me ne accorgo da oggi su iTunes. L'essenziale il brano più ascoltato in radio". Il Sussidiario. 12 March 2013. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Da oggi in download su iTunes Non passerai, il primo inedito estratto dal nuovo album Marco #prontoacorrere" (in Italian). Marcomengoni.it. 26 February 2013. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013.
- "Top Digital Download - Classifica settimanale WK 9 (dal 25/02/2013 al 03/03/2013)" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Archived from the original on 9 March 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Classifiche - Archivio - Top Digital Download - Classifica settimanale WK 31 (dal 29-07-2013 al 04-08-2013)" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Marco Mengoni - Pronto a correre (Radio Date: 19-04-2013)" (in Italian). Earone.it. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- Alessandro Alicandri (23 August 2013). "Marco Mengoni: Non passerai, il nuovo singolo dal 23 agosto". TV Sorrisi e Canzoni (in Italian). Archived from the original on 24 August 2013. Retrieved 24 August 2013.
- "Italian Charts - Marco Mengoni - Pronto a correre (album)". Italiancharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Spanish Charts -". elportaldemúsica.com. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- "Swiss Charts - Marco Mengoni - Pronto a correre (album)" (in German). Hitparade.ch. Hung Medien. Retrieved 23 April 2013.