|Launched||6 February 2006|
|Owned by||Xiking Group|
|Headquarters||131 – 151 Great Titchfield Street, London W1W 5BB|
|Eutelsat 28A||11344 V 27500 2/3|
Propeller TV is broadcast on SKY Channel 189 and is the premium channel for the UK-China community.
Recently Propeller TV was launched on the CIBN platform (China International Broadcasting Network) in China and continues to broadcast across a UK higher education television network covering 230,000 students.
The channel was created with UK government investment and began broadcasting in 2005. In 2009 Propeller TV was bought by the Xiking Group, Beijing.
Propeller TV relaunched during April 2013 with a new weekly schedule and content produced in both the UK and China.
It was run by the Image Channel Company Ltd, a subsidiary of the Grimsby Institute in the United Kingdom until it was acquired in June 2009 by the Xiking Group, after six months of talks. There are plans to overhaul the channel and produce programmes promoting Chinese culture, brands and people, with some possibly broadcast in Chinese.
- Business World - Propeller TV's fortnightly, half-hour, up-to-the-minute, bilingual, magazine programme, of insightful interviews with prominent figures and in-depth reports on international finance, commerce and industry in China and the UK. It is designed to be of particular value to those wanting to do business in China or to reach the Chinese diaspora in the UK, to those interested in the world’s second largest economy and its complex society, as well as to those in both the UK and China wanting to gain a greater understanding of each other’s culture and way of life.
- UK LifeStyler - Propeller TV's fun time TV show, a fortnightly, half-hour, bi-lingual entertainment magazine programme, comparing, contrasting and celebrating the rich cultures of China and the UK. The show is where it's at the crossroads of entertainment and culture. It examines arts, fashion, food, travel, music, film and entertainment, using these topics to explore and explain the way of life of Chinese and British peoples.
- Chinatown - Propeller TV's documentary strand, each week it examines a different element of China and Chinese culture within the UK's Chinese community. From art to theatre to storytelling to books and beyond, Chinatown will cover a wide range of subjects from politics to popular culture, technology to teaching, fashion to festivals, offering insights and information about the most populous nation on earth and its influence around the globe.
- Passengers - Propeller TV's viewer generated content show - travel to and from China. The show uses social media to generate video responses to questions and asks our viewers to be our tour guides.
- The Sound Stage - Propeller TV's music exchange show, featuring up and coming bands from China and intercuts with the up and coming bands from the UK in an innovative cross-cultural fusion show - music videos, interviews and performances all in one handy package.
- HiBrow Arts - Propeller TV's top end arts programme, showing the world's most marvelous performances, concerts, plays, rehearsals, interviews, gallery tours and documentaries.
- "TV takes a step into the unknown". Yorkshire Post regional newspaper. Retrieved 2006-02-06.
- "China entrepreneur buys Propellor satellite TV: report". Agence France-Presse. 2009-07-13.