|Traded as||NYSE: PB|
|Founded||Houston, Texas (1983)|
|Revenue||$167.901M (as of December 31, 2012)|
|Employees||2,266 (full-time equivalent as of December 31, 2012)|
The company (through its main subsidiary, Prosperity Bank) operates (as of November 1, 2013) 218 branch locations, organized as follows:
- 57 in the Greater Houston area
- 20 in South Texas (including Corpus Christi and Victoria)
- 35 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- 22 in East Texas
- 34 in Central Texas (including Austin and San Antonio)
- 34 in West Texas
- 10 in the Bryan/College Station area
- six in the Central Oklahoma area
The locations do not include those as part of the following announced planned acquisitions by Prosperity:
- F&M Bancorporation, Inc. of Tulsa, Oklahoma, which if completed would add up to 13 locations, ten in the Tulsa area (Prosperity's first branches in that region) and three in the DFW Metroplex.
Beginning in the late 1980s, the company acquired several small- and medium-sized bank holding companies, all of which were located in Texas (except for Coppermark, which was headquartered in Oklahoma but had three Texas branch locations), and some of which had failed and were taken over by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Notable acquisitions include:
- the 46-branch Franklin Bank in 2008, another Houston-based bank which the FDIC had taken over.
- the 37-branch American State Bank, completed in July 2012 which provided the company its first locations in West Texas.
- a smaller, but notable, acquisition took place in 2010 when Prosperity purchased three Texas banks owned by U.S. Bancorp; U.S. Bancorp had earlier acquired those banks in the wake of the FBOP Corporation closure.
- the nine-branch Coppermark bank, completed in 2013, which provided the company its first presence outside the state of Texas, with six branches in Central Oklahoma.
- the 34-branch First Victoria National Bank, completed in 2013
On December 28, 2011, the company began trading on the NYSE. It previously traded on NASDAQ under the symbol PRSP.
Also in December 2011 Prosperity Bancshares was named by Forbes as "America's Best Bank".
- Prosperity Bank 2010 Form 10-K.