From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up prosthesis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Prosthesis is an artificial replacement of a missing part of the body.
Prosthesis may also refer to:
- Prosthesis (linguistics), an addition of a phoneme at the beginning of a word, for easier pronunciation
- Prosthetic group, a nonprotein component of a conjugated protein
- Prosthetic makeup or FX prosthesis, a prosthetic intended to radically alter appearance or provide special effects in film, television and stage
- Musical Prostheses, devices made to resemble a body part or prostheses
- Prosthetic Records, a record label
- Prosthesis, a gelechioid moth genus nowadays considered synonymous with Blastobasis
- Prothesis (disambiguation), often used synonymously with prosthesis
- Orthotics, devices which support or correct the function of a limb or the torso
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.