Prostitution in Malaysia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
Prostitution is illegal in Malaysia. Demand for prostitution has created a problem of people trafficking from China and other nearby countries. Sexual services, however, are widely available and laws banning prostitution remain largely unenforced. Many pimps now ply their trade on the internet.
- "Human Rights in Malaysia". US Department of State. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
- "AMalaysia just like home for prostitutes from China". Borneo Post. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Malaysia haven for child prostitution". Press TV. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Police nab 2,878 prostitutes; many are duped foreigners". Star. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Ugandan women trapped in Malaysia by prostitution rings: report". Star. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Girls from China tricked into forced prostitution in Msia: MCA". Daily Express. Retrieved 2012-04-11.
- "Malaysian Prostitution now in Google – Price range from RM170 to RM1,000". Kuala Lumpur Post. Retrieved 2014-01-20.
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|