|Type||Security Detection and Monitoring|
|Industry||Security systems, Fire detection, Video surveillance|
|Headquarters||Lawrence, Kansas (Some corporate operations/Former HQ) Romeoville, Illinois (Current Headquarters)|
Protection 1 is an electronic security company in the United States, which provides home and business security solutions. The company has approximately 1.5 million home and business customers, 66 branch offices, and 2,200 employees.
Protection 1 serves approximately 100,000 businesses with security services. These services range from basic monitoring to remote video access and site control and is available nationwide to local businesses, national accounts, and large business customers.
Protection 1 monitors hundreds of thousands of homes nationwide with security systems that are customized to the homeowner’s specifications. Protection 1 conducts home security evaluations before recommending specific security system components and design, and then monitors its components from 5 UL listed monitoring centers across the us. Protection 1 has a customer service satisfaction rating of 95.6%.
Unlike top competitors such as ADT, Monitronics, Protect America, Johns Brothers, Vivint, Security Networks, Vector, and LifeShield security, Protection 1 provides same-day service and a live representative to answer phone calls. Their services are provided 24/7/365. They have an A+ BBB rating and function as the largest full service security company in the United States. Most recently, they were awarded the best choice in home security by SDM magazine. For official reviews and comparisons, visit getp1.com.
Web- and Text-enabled Remote System Access/Notification
With the launch of e-Secure in 2007, Protection One became the first national provider to introduce a Web-based service that enables its customers to access their own security systems through Internet-connected computers and cell phones. Protection 1 e-Secure customers also can receive e-mail and text notifications of certain events, as well as view video surveillance cameras via the Internet or cell phone.
In March 2008, Forbes published a list of America’s Most Trustworthy Companies. The list was based on an independent company’s research that ranked companies on honesty and openness. Protection 1 was the only security company listed.
Products and services
- Home and business burglar alarms
- Fire/smoke detection
- Carbon monoxide detection
- Remote video surveillance
- PERS monitoring (panic or hold-up button monitoring)
- 24-hour, company-owned, dedicated Commercial Monitoring Center
- Wireless primary and backup monitoring communicator
- Security systems service and maintenance
- Web- and text-enabled system access, control and notifications
- Access control with Online Reporting
- Customized Security Solutions
Protection 1 Technology Partners
Protection 1 partners with the follow security and technology companies:
- [Verizon Wireless]
- [Robert Bosch GmbH|Bosch]
- [Samsung Group|Samsung]
- [General Electric]
Protection 1 is endorsed by or has membership in the following organizations or associations:
- [American Society for Industrial Security|ASIS International]
- [Better Business Bureau|Better Business Bureau (BBB)]
- [Building Owners and Managers Association|Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)]
- [IQ Certification]
- [National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA)]
- [National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies|National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)]
- [Underwriters Laboratories|Underwriters Laboratories (UL)]
- [FM Global|Factory Mutual (FM)]
- [International Facility Management Association|International Facility Management Association (IFMA)]
- "Protection One, Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- Stepanek, Laura (2008-05-01). "Double Digits". SDM Magazine. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- "Commercial Security Systems for National Accounts". Protection 1. Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- Entwistle, Martha (2007-10-11). "Pro One launches web-based home security". Retrieved 2009-03-16.
- Ray, John J. (2008-03-27). "Full List: The Most Trustworthy Small-Cap Companies". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-03-16.