|Slogan||Life in 3D|
Type of site
|Created by||Joel L. Sussman, Eran Hodis, and Jaime Prilusky|
|1,086,422 (April 2014[update])|
|Current status||Perpetual work-in-progress|
Proteopedia is a wiki, 3D encyclopedia of proteins and other molecules. The site contains a page for every entry in the Protein Data Bank (>100,000 pages), as well as pages that are more descriptive of protein structures in general such as acetylcholinesterase, hemoglobin, and the photosystem II with a Jmol view that highlights functional sites and ligands. It employs a scene-authoring tool so that users do not have to learn Jmol script language to create customized molecular scenes. Custom scenes are easily attached to "green links" in descriptive text that display those scenes in Jmol. A web browser is all that is needed to access the site and the 3D information, i.e. there are no downloadable viewers required to install and run.
- "Proteopedia.org Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Hodis E, Prilusky J, Martz E, Silman I, Moult J, Sussman JL (2008). "Proteopedia - a scientific 'wiki' bridging the rift between three-dimensional structure and function of biomacromolecules". Genome Biol. 9 (8): R121. doi:10.1186/gb-2008-9-8-r121. PMC 2575511. PMID 18673581.
- Martz E (2009). "Proteopedia.Org: a scientific "Wiki" bridging the rift between 3D structure and function of biomacromolecules". Biopolymers 92 (1): 76–7. doi:10.1002/bip.21126. PMID 19117028.
- Hodis E, Prilusky J, Sussman JL (2010). "Proteopedia: A collaborative, virtual 3D web-resource for protein and biomolecule structure and function". Biochem. Mol. Biol. Educ. 38 (5): 341–2. doi:10.1002/bmb.20431.
- Prilusky, J; Hodis, E.; Canner, D.; Decatur, W. A.; Oberholser, K.; Martz, E.; Berchanski, A.; Harel, M.; Sussman, J. L. (Aug 2011). "Proteopedia: A status report on the collaborative, 3D web-encyclopedia of proteins and other biomolecules". Journal of Structural Biology 175 (2): 244–252. doi:10.1016/j.jsb.2011.04.011. PMID 21536137.
- "Acetylcholinesterase". Proteopedia.
- "Hemoglobin". Proteopedia.
- "Photosystem II". Proteopedia.
- Luiggi C (September 2010). "Web Gems Introducing the winners of the first annual Labbies, our prizes for the best Web-based multimedia by labs: Website Winner:Proteopedia". The Scientist 24 (9): 47.
Very absorbing. Kept me looking and playing (and learning) with it for a long time. Very informative and a good resource.
- "The Israel Structural Proteomics Center".
|This biochemistry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biotechnology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|