Providence City Council
The Providence City Council is the fifteen-member legislative body of the city of Providence, Rhode Island. The two major responsibilities of the council are enacting ordinances necessary to ensure the welfare and good order of the city and adopting the city's annual budget. The council operates under a mayor-council form of government.
The members of the Providence City Council are elected by residents of the fifteen wards of Providence. Council members represent the concerns, needs, and issues of their constituents, and work to improve the city's neighborhoods.
All fifteen members of the council are members of the Democratic Party.
The current City Council consists of:
- Ward 1: Councilman Seth Yurdin- Majority Leader
- Ward 2: Councilman Samuel Zurier
- Ward 3: Councilman Kevin Jackson
- Ward 4: Councilman Nicholas J. Narducci, Jr.- Deputy Majority Leader
- Ward 5: Councilman Michael A. Solomon, Council President
- Ward 6: Councilman Michael Correira
- Ward 7: Councilman John Igliozzi
- Ward 8: Councilman Wilbur Jennings
- Ward 9: Councilwoman Carmen Castillo
- Ward 10: Councilman Luis A. Aponte
- Ward 11: Councilman Davian Sanchez
- Ward 12: Councilman Terrence Hassett, Council President Pro Tem
- Ward 13: Councilman Bryan Principe
- Ward 14: Councilman David Salvatore
- Ward 15: Councilwoman Sabina Matos
|This Rhode Island–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|