Providenciales International Airport
|Providenciales International Airport|
|IATA: PLS – ICAO: MBPV|
|Operator||Providenciales Airport Company|
|Location||Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Hub for||InterCaribbean Airways|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Providenciales International Airport (IATA: PLS, ICAO: MBPV), on the island of Providenciales in the Caicos Islands, is the main international airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands, a British Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom. It is operated by Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority (TCIAA). The territory's other international airport is JAGS McCartney International Airport on Grand Turk Island. Currently, there are more than 12,000 commercial aircraft operations per year.
There were plans for the TCIAA to either extend or build a new terminal after having recently completed the extension of the runway, which currently stands at 2,807 m (9,209 ft) long. These plans have been enacted and the renovation is scheduled to be finished by December 2014.
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Montréal-Trudeau, Ottawa
|InterCaribbean Airways||Cap-Haïtien, Grand Turk, Kingston–Norman Manley, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Puerto Plata, San Juan, Santiago (DR), Santo Domingo, South Caicos|
|American Airlines||Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami|
|British Airways||Antigua (begins 29 March 2015), London-Heathrow (ends 22 March 2015), London-Gatwick (begins 29 March 2015), Nassau (ends 22 March 2015)|
|Caicos Express||Grand Turk|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta
Seasonal: Boston, New York-JFK
|JetBlue Airways||New York-JFK
|United Airlines||Houston-Intercontinental (begins June 6, 2015), Newark|
Seasonal: Boston, Philadelphia
|Ameriflight||Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Contract Air Cargo||Miami, Santiago de los Caballeros|
|Skyway Enterprises||Santiago de los Caballeros|
- Airport information for MBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for PLS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- delta.com – Delta expands service at Boston
- Delta Announces New Saturday Seasonal Flights from JFK, New York to the Caribbean
- Providenciales International Airport, official site
- Providenciales International Airport, unofficial site
- Turks and Caicos Islands Government: Civil Aviation
- Vancouver Airport Services (provides management and operations services at airport)
- Current weather for MBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PLS at Aviation Safety Network