Providenciales International Airport
|Providenciales International Airport|
|IATA: PLS – ICAO: MBPV|
|Operator||Providenciales Airport Company|
|Location||Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands|
|Hub for||Air Turks and Caicos|
|Elevation AMSL||15 ft / 5 m|
Providenciales International Airport (IATA: PLS, ICAO: MBPV) on the island of Providenciales is the main international airport serving the Turks and Caicos Islands, an overseas territory of the United Kingdom. It is operated by Turks and Caicos Islands Airports Authority (TCIAA). The territory's other international airport is JAGS McCartney International Airport on Grand Turk Island. Currently, there are more than 12,000 commercial aircraft operations per year.
There are plans for the TCIAA to either extend or build a new terminal after having recently completed the extension of the runway, which currently stands at 2,807 m (9,209 ft) long.
Airlines and destinations
Seasonal: Halifax, Montréal-Trudeau, Ottawa
|British Airways||London-Heathrow, Nassau|
|Delta Air Lines||Atlanta
Seasonal: Boston (begins 8 March 2014), New York-JFK (begins 8 March 2014)
|JetBlue Airways||New York-JFK
Seasonal: Boston, Philadelphia
- Airport information for MBPV at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for PLS at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- delta.com - Delta expands service at Boston
- Delta Announces New Saturday Seasonal Flights from JFK, New York to the Caribbean
- Providenciales International Airport, official site
- Providenciales International Airport, unofficial site
- Turks and Caicos Islands Government: Civil Aviation
- Vancouver Airport Services (provides management and operations services at airport)
- Current weather for MBPV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PLS at Aviation Safety Network