Province of Our Lady of Grace of Peru
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Spanish Wikipedia. (August 2011)|
|Formation||June 1, 1551|
|Type||Catholic religious order|
|Provincial Prior||Alexander Lam Alania|
|Key people||Augustine of Hippo|
Coming from the Agustinian Mission of Mexico, the Priest Agustin de la Santísima Trinidad came to Peru with 12 agustinians and created the Province of Peru, dedicated to the Mother of Grace.
In 1889, the Priest Eustasio Esteban came to Peru and refundated the Province, and this past to the Province of Spain[clarification needed]. The Priest Ignacio Monasterio was the current Prior, founding the School of Saint Augustin in San Isidro.
In 2005 the Pronvice regained its independence of the Spanish Province of Santisimo Nombre de Jesús de Filipinas, when the Priest Miguel Diez was Prior.
Elected in 2007, the modern day Provincial Prior is Priest Alexander Lam Alania, O.S.A.
The Augustinians have schools and churches in Lima, Pacasmayo and Chiclayo.
- Order of Saint Augustine, Provincia Nuestra Señora de Gracia del Perú
- Church of Our Lady of Grace, Lima
- Saint Augustine School of Lima
- Saint Augustine School of Chiclayo
- Saint Rose School of Chosica
- Church of Saint Toribio of Mogrovejo, Chosica
- Apostolic Vicariate of Augustinan Missionary of the Order of Saint Augustine in Peru
- Young Pastoral JAX
- Agustinian Pastoral COMMUNIO