Provinces of Zambia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Muchinga province was separated from Northern province in 2011.
- Gwillim Law. "Zambia Provinces". Retrieved 2007-11-02. (Population figures are from the census of 2000).
- Lusaka province was split from Central province in 1973. Initially Lusaka province was only 360 km², but by 1988 it had been enlarged to its present size.
- The Copperbelt province was known as Western Province until 1969. At the same time the name of the Barotseland province was changed to Western province.
- Created on November 2011, consisting 5 districts from Northern Province.
- Zambia's 10th Province, Muchinga, Ministry of Local Government and Housing, Zambia
- Included Muchinga Province created on November 2011.
|This Zambia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|