Provo Towne Centre
|Address||1200 S. Towne Centre Blvd.|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|Total retail floor area||801,601 square feet|
|No. of floors||2|
Provo Towne Centre is an enclosed shopping mall in Provo, Utah. Opened in 1998, the mall is anchored by J. C. Penney, Sears, Dillard's, and a Cinemark movie theater. It is managed by General Growth Properties.
When the mall was being built, developers JP Realty filed a lawsuit against the city of Orem for offering incentives to keep ZCMI from relocating its store from University Mall. Also, the Provo city council wanted JP Realty to call the mall "Utah Valley Towne Centre" instead.
The mall ultimately opened in 1998, causing J. C. Penney to relocate from University Mall. General Growth Properties acquired the mall in 2002 when it purchased JP Realty's portfolio. In 2008 the MTV film American Mall was filmed at the mall.
- Fact sheet
- Developer of Provo, Utah Mall sues Orem over subsidies to rival mall's store
- Provo mall could be named Utah Valley Towne Centre
- University mall angling for several new retailers
- Relocation in store for Orem Penney
- Purchase Would Place Chicago-Based Company as Owner of Five Utah Malls