From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Proxy is an agent or substitute authorized to act for another person or a document which authorizes the agent so to act, and may also be used in the following contexts:
- Proxy abuse (or vicarious abuse), abuse committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy bullying (or vicarious bullying), bullying committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy card, a substitute card used in trading card games when a player does not own the substituted card and also can occur when proxy cards are not tradable
- Proxy fight, attempting to influence how company shareholders use their proxy votes
- Proxy marriage, common amongst European monarchs, where one party is not present in person to their marriage to the other
- Proxy murder, a murder committed on behalf of somebody else
- Proxy statement, information published related to a U.S. stockholders' meeting
- Proxy voting, a vote cast on behalf of an absent person
- Proxy war, a war where two powers use third parties as a substitute for fighting each other directly
- Health care proxy, a document used to specify an agent to make medical decisions for a patient in case they are incapacitated
- Torture by proxy
- Proxy (statistics), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest
- Proxy (climate), a measured variable used to infer the value of a variable of interest in climate research
- Proxy pattern, a software design pattern in computer programming, also known as a proxy class
- Proxy server, a computer network service that allows clients to make indirect network connections to other network services
Use in Entertainment:
- Proxy (band), British band formed in 2004
- Proxies (band), British electronic rock band formed in 2010
- Proxy, a mysterious humanoid lifeform in the anime Ergo Proxy
- PROXY, a holodroid featured in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Proxy, the codename of Wendy Harris, a fictional character in the Batgirl comic book series.
- "The Proxy", a song by RJD2 on his 2003 album Deadringer
- In "Marble Hornets", a YouTube channel, Masky and Hoodie are two of Slenderman's Proxies.
- Munchausen syndrome by proxy
- Proxi, a proprietary freeware computer application for Mac OS X by Griffin Technology
- Vicarious (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.