From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up pruning in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Pruning is the practice of removing unwanted portions from a plant.
Pruning may also refer to:
- Synaptic pruning, the reformation of neural structure by pruning "excess" neurons or neural clusters
- Pruning (decision trees), a method of simplification of a decision tree
- The Pruning (morphology) algorithm, a technique used in digital image processing based on mathematical morphology
- Pruning (viticulture), how pruning is used in vine training systems
- Pruning (vascular), in prenatal development, the disappearance of blood vessels which are no longer needed
- Pruning (microeconomics), the removal of "excess" items from a budget
- Pruning (maceration), in dermatology, the softening, whitening, and wrinkling of skin that is soaked in water
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pruning.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.