|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (September 2013)|
Type of site
|Wiki Blog Forum|
|Available in||English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian|
Psiram.com (until July 2012: Esowatch) is an internet project founded in 2007 with articles critical of esotericism, conspiracy theories and pseudoscience in CAM. The platform offers a Wiki, a Blog and a forum. The Psiram wiki is based on MediaWiki-Software. In September 2013, the German wiki is the largest with 2,692 articles ; the French is second with 256 articles and the English is the third with 95 articles.
All authors use anonymous nicknames, and the site's owner is unknown. The domain is registered via a company in Hong Kong. The anonymity is explained as due to negative experiences by identifiable critics of New Age beliefs. New authors can register after a check on their abilities.
The first major public reception was 2008 in the German online magazine Telepolis. Psiram's article on Prahlad Jani was referenced in the science blog Pharyngula, and their article on night milk crystals was referenced by the Guardian.
- See the Psiram website at Informative Artikel zur Aufklärung über irrationale Glaubenssysteme
- Kunow, Fabian (May 17, 2008). "Licht ins Dunkel des Irrationalen". Telepolis. Retrieved July 17, 2010.
- "Physiology explains it all". Pharyngula (blog). Retrieved May 17, 2011.
- Connolly, Kate (October 18, 2010). "German night milk may aid insomniacs". The Guardian (London). Retrieved May 13, 2011.
- "VG Saarlouis Urteil vom 9.9.2010, 3 K 573/09". November 9, 2010.
- "6639/J XXIV. GP". Retrieved May 13, 2011.