From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Ptosis (disambiguation))
|Look up ptosis or ptotic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ptosis (from the Greek word πτῶσις "falling", "a fall") refers to droopiness of a body part. Specifically, it can refer to:
- Ptosis (eyelid) (the most common usage of the term), a drooping of the upper or lower eyelid
- Ptosis (breasts), refers to drooping or sagging of the breast. Breast ptosis is related to the laxity of the superficial fascia, suspensory ligaments and skin
- Gastroptosis (stomach), the abnormal downward displacement of the stomach. It is not a life-threatening condition. The condition frequently causes digestive symptoms and constipation, and is much more prominent in women than men
- Nephroptosis or renal ptosis (kidney)
- Visceroptosis (internal organs), a prolapse or a sinking of the abdominal viscera (internal organs) below their natural position
- Prolapse, literally means "to fall out of place", from the Latin prolabi meaning "to fall out"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ptosis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.