Pu-Men High School
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2007)|
|Pu-Men High School|
|Dashu District, Kaohsiung
|Type||Private high school|
|Principal||Lin Qingbuo (林清波)|
|Number of students||Over 1000|
Pu-Men High School (Fo Guang Shan Pu-Men High School) (Traditional Chinese: 普門中學 or 佛光山私立普門中學) is a private Buddhist high school located in Dashu District, Kaohsiung City. The school is affiliated with the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist order founded by Venerable Master Hsing Yun.
In 1977, the name was changed to Fo Guang Shan Private Pumen Senior High School, and the school was given to Fo Guang Shan. The school converted officially to Kaohsiung County Private-Operated Pu-Men Senior High School on August 1977.
- Pu-Men, the Universal Door, is open to save all beings and to disseminate the spirit of the Guan Yin, the Bodhisattva of Compassion.
- Pu-Men believe in the importance of a Confucian education.
- Pu-Men is founded on Buddhism’s spirit of saving the world with an ideal education, great mercy, equality for all and unselfishness.
- Pu-Men strives to cultivate talents and virtues in youths by emphasizing intellectualism, morality, physical well being and an appreciation of the aesthetics, to benefit all societies and all nations.
- Pu-Men High School
- Pumen Student Digital System
- Fo Guang Shan
- BLIA World Headquarters
- BLIA Taiwan
- BLIA Young Adult Division
- BLIA Youth Text