PubMed Central Canada
PubMed Central Canada (PMC Canada) is a Canadian national digital repository of peer-reviewed health and life sciences literature. It joins Europe PubMed Central (formerly UK PubMed Central) as a member of the PubMed Central International network. PMC Canada is a partnership between the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (NRC-CISTI, the Canadian National Science Library), and the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM).
PMC Canada includes an interface in both English and French, to support the use of Canada's two official languages. PubMed Central Canada provides free access to content, and is one of the locations where CIHR researchers can deposit their peer-reviewed research articles, in order to meet with the open access requirements of the CIHR Policy on Access to Research Outputs.
The initial version of PubMed Central Canada launched in October 2009. The launch was timed to coincide with Open Access Week. The full launch of PMC Canada, including a manuscript submission system for CIHR researchers, was April 28, 2010.
- UK PubMed Central
- Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- PubMed Central Canada. "About PubMed Central Canada". Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "PMC International". Pubmedcentral.nih.gov. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Pubmed Central Canada is Launched. NLM Technical Bulletin. 2010 Jan–Feb". Nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- Government of Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research. "CIHR Policy on Access to Research Outputs - CIHR". Cihr-irsc.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- Government of Canada, National Research Council. "Canada joins international network providing free access to health research". Retrieved 2013-07-25.
- Official website
- CIHR and CISTI: Developing a Canadian PMC Repository (PDF) - presentation by Geoff Hynes to CHLA 2008
- HLWIKI International: PubMed Central Canada (PMCC)