PubMed Central Canada
PubMed Central Canada (PMC Canada) is a Canadian national digital repository of peer-reviewed health and life sciences literature. It joins UK PubMed Central as a member of the PubMed Central International network. PMC Canada is a partnership between the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (NRC-CISTI, the Canadian National Science Library), and the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM).
PMC Canada includes an interface in both English and French, to support the use of Canada's two official languages. PubMed Central Canada provides free access to content, and is one of the locations where CIHR researchers can deposit their peer-reviewed research articles, in order to meet with the open access requirements of the CIHR Policy on Access to Research Outputs. As with UKPMC, PMC Canada is based on the US PubMed Central service.
The initial version of PubMed Central Canada launched in October 2009. The launch was timed to coincide with Open Access Week. The full launch of PMC Canada, including a manuscript submission system for CIHR researchers, was April 28, 2010.
 See also
- UK PubMed Central
- Canada Institute for Scientific and Technical Information
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- [dead link]
- USA. "PMC International". Pubmedcentral.nih.gov. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- [dead link]
- "Pubmed Central Canada is Launched. NLM Technical Bulletin. 2010 Jan–Feb". Nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- Government of Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Research. "CIHR Policy on Access to Research Outputs - CIHR". Cihr-irsc.gc.ca. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- Canada joins international network providing free access to health research
- Official website
- CIHR and CISTI: Developing a Canadian PMC Repository (PDF) - presentation by Geoff Hynes to CHLA 2008
- HLWIKI International: PubMed Central Canada (PMCC)