Public Administration Review
|Public Administration Review|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Publ. Admin. Rev.|
|Edited by||James L. Perry|
|Publisher||Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the American Society for Public Administration|
Public Administration Review is a bimonthly peer-reviewed academic journal covering research, theory, and practice in the field of public administration. It was established in 1940 and has been one of the top-rated journals in the field. It is the official journal of the American Society for Public Administration, published by Wiley-Blackwell. The current editor-in-chief is James L. Perry. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2010 impact factor of 1.141, ranking it 14th out of 39 journals in the category "Public Administration".
The following persons have been editors-in-chief of Public Administration Review:
- 2006-2011 Richard J. Stillman II
- 2000-2005 Larry D. Terry
- 1997-1999 Irene S. Rubin
- 1991-1996 David H. Rosenbloom
- 1985-1990 Chester A. Newland
- 1977-1984 Louis C. Gawthrop
- 1966-1977 Dwight Waldo
- 1963-1966 Vincent Ostrom
- 1961-1963 John A. Perkins
- 1958-1960 James W. Fesler
- 1956-1958 York Wilbern
- 1953-1956 Frederick C. Mosher
- 1951-1953 Wallace S. Sayre
- 1949-1951 Fritz Morstein Marx
- 1947-1949 Rowland Egger
- 1945-1947 E. Pendleton Herring
- 1943-1945 Gordon R. Clapp
- 1940-1943 Leonard D. White
- Vocino, Thomas; Elliott, Robert H. (March 1984). "Research Note: Public Administration Journal Prestige: A Time Series Analysis". Administrative Science Quarterly 29 (1): 43–51. doi:10.2307/2393079.
- Colson, Harold (February 1990). "Citation Rankings of Public Administration Journals". Administration & Society 21 (4): 452–471. doi:10.1177/009539979002100404.
- Forrester, John P.; Watson, Sheilah S. (September 1994). "An Assessment of Public Administration Journals: The Perspective of Editors and Editorial Board Members". Public Administration Review 54 (5): 474–482. doi:10.2307/976433.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Public Administration". 2010 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.