||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2013)|
|Type||Public (NYSE: PSA)
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Headquarters||Glendale, California, USA|
|Key people||B. Wayne Hughes, founder; Ronald L. Havner Jr., Chairman of the Board, CEO and President|
|Revenue||$1.8 billion USD (2011)|
|Operating income||$796 million USD (2011)|
|Net income||$834 million USD (2011)|
Public Storage was founded on August 14, 1972 from a $50,000 investment. It built its first self-storage facility in 1972. Today, it operates 2,200 unique company-owned locations in the United States and in addition to Europe (under the Shurgard brand), totaling more than 141 million net rentable square feet of real estate. Its PS Business Parks, Inc. interest adds another 28 million net rentable square feet of commercial and industrial space.
Based on number of tenants, Public Storage is among the largest landlords in the world. The company was founded in 1971 by B. Wayne Hughes. Public Storage locations also sell packing and related moving supplies and facilitate the purchase of insurance from Willis Insurance, a subsidiary of the British insurance firm Willis Group Holdings. In addition, it operates a website where it maintains a list of properties available for auctions of former customers personal possessions who have vacated their possessions. It is called http://publicstorageauctions.com/.
- PSA Income Statement | Public Storage Common Stock Stock - Yahoo! Finance
- Public Storage Common Stock Stock - Yahoo! Finance
- Shurgard Self Storage homepage. It is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange
- 2012 Public Storage Annual Report. Page 12.
- The Oregonian, Storage unit auction bidders seek treasures in leftovers of others' lives, December 28, 2012
- "Public Storage (PSA) Company Profile | Reuters.com". reuters.com. Retrieved 15 August 2012. "net rentable square feet of commercial space in eight states"