Public transport operators in Dublin
A large number of companies operate public transport services in Dublin, most of which are state owned or semi-state owned.
- Iarnród Éireann, also known as Irish Rail a subsidiary of state-owned Córas Iompair Éireann, operates all rail services in Dublin including the DART.
- Dublin's Luas light rail system is owned by the state-owned Railway Procurement Agency and operated on its behalf by Veolia Transport Ireland (formerly known as Connex). There are currently two Luas lines in the city.
Today, two subsidiary companies of state-owned Córas Iompair Éireann operate most of the bus services in and around Dublin but a large number of other private companies also provide services.
City and local services
- Dublin Bus operates the vast majority of bus services in Dublin, including night services on Fridays and Saturdays.
Last update 26 April 2011
- Aircoach operates 3 express routes from Dublin Airport in the Dublin area, including the city centre as well as other destinations which connects with many of Dublin's major hotels.
- Route 700 Dublin Airport To Leopardstown (Bewleys Hotel) via Drumcondra,city centre,Donnybrook,UCD Belfield,Stillorgan and Sandyford.
- Route 702 Dublin Airport to Greystones via Port Tunnel Ballsbridge,Blackrock,Cabinteely,Cherrywood,Shankill and Bray.
- Route 703 Dublin Airport to Killiney via port Tunnel,Sandymount (strand road),Booterstown,Blackrock,Monkstown,Dun Laoghaire,Glasthule and Dalkey.
- Dualway's Route 311 operates between Rathcoole and The Square shopping centre in Tallaght; route 505 links Rathcoole and Dublin city centre
- Express Bus operates routes 860 & 861 serving Parkwest Business Park; they also have 2 local routes in Blanchardstown
- Finnegan's operate a local service in Bray, Co. Wicklow Route 711 from the southern cross road to Bray DART station and main shopping areas of Bray, and another route from Route 722 Bray Southern Cross via Shankill, Loughlinstown, Cherrywood, Cabinteely bypass, Foxrock to Sandyford LUAS terminus
- St Kevin's Bus Service operates a 7-day service between Glendalough, Co. Wicklow and Dublin city centre.
- Swords Express Between Dublin City Centre and Swords Manor via Applewood, Pavilion Shopping centre Swords,River Valley,Boroimhe using the Dublin Port Tunnel.
- Airport-Hopper operates two shuttle services connecting Dublin Airport with west Dublin and parts of Kildare. Route 777 serves Tallaght and Clondalkin with additional stops at the Liffey Valley shopping centre and the near by Clarion Hotel.  Route 767 serves Lucan, Leixlip and Maynooth stopping also at Liffey Valley and the adjacent Clarion Hotel. 
Longer distance and express services
- Bus Éireann operates a large number of long distance and express services to/from Dublin
- Aircoach run 18 express non stop coach service a day between Dublin and Cork with a journey time of three hours to/from Dublin city centre and three and a half hours to/from Dublin Airport. They also operate an express non-stop route from Belfast to Dublin City via Dublin Airport 22 times daily.
- Ardcavan operates daily services between Dublin and Wellington Bridge, Wexford town and Enniscorthy.
- Bernard Kavanagh & Sons operates a 7-day service between Tipperary town and Dublin city centre.
- CityLink operates a frequent 7-day service between Galway, Dublin city centre and Dublin Airport
- Collins Coaches operates a commuter service between Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan and Dublin city centre, with some services extended to/from Clones
- Dublin Coach runs 16 times a day in both directions, linking Portlaoise, Monasterevin, Kildare, Newbridge, Naas, Red cow (Luas) and Dublin Airport. They also offer a service to Limerick from December 2011 which is now further extended to Ennis from December 2013 with 30 minute service offered at peak time.
- GoBe - A joint venture between Bus Éireann and GoBus operate a service between Dublin Airport, Dublin city and Cork which operates 9 times daily.
- GoBus operates a 7-day direct service between Galway, Dublin city centre and Dublin Airport..
- J.J. Kavanagh & Sons operates a number of routes between Waterford, Clonmel, Limerick and Dublin City Centre, some also serving Dublin Airport.
- John McGinley Coaches operates services from Co. Donegal to Dublin Airport and the city centre.
- Matthews Coaches operates 2 7-day routes: an express service from Dundalk and a frequent service to Bettystown and Laytown. Their Dublin terminus is Parnell Street.
- Sillan Tours operates commuter services between Dublin and Shercock and Cootehill via Navan.
- Slieve Bloom Coach Tours operates services between Dublin and Longford, Mullingar, Tullamore and Geashill via the N4 and between Dublin and Mountmellick and Portlaoise via the N7.
- Wexford Bus Operates express coaches throughout the day and night connecting Wexford, Enniscorthy, Ferns, Camolin, Gorey and Arklow with Dublin City & Airport