Public health observatory
There was a network of public health observatories, one in each of the nine regions in England; there are also health observatories in Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The National Obesity Observatory (NOO) and the Child and Maternal Health Observatory (ChiMat) are funded by the Department of Health to provide objective specialist expertise in their respective areas. There is also an Injury Observatory for Britain and Ireland (IOBI) and a Mental Health Observatory.
The Association of Public Health Observatories (APHO) represented the network of public health observatories across the UK and Ireland. It became part of Public Health England, along with all the English observatories except Lincolnshire on 1st April 2013. The Lincolnshire observatory continues with the support of the County Council.
- East Midlands Public Health Observatory
- London Health Observatory
- North East Public Health Observatory
- South West Public Health Observatory
- South East Public Health Observatory
- National Obesity Observatory
- Injury Observatory for Britain and Ireland
- Mental Health Observatory
- Lincolnshire Research Observatory