Publishing Innovation Award
Digital Book World Publishing Innovation Award is a literary award sponsored by the magazine Digital Book World for innovation in electronic books. "The Publishing Innovation Awards will honor those making strides in this nascent medium." It was announced in 2010 with the inaugural award given January 24, 2011. Award categories include Fiction, Nonfiction, Children's, Reference and Comics. Each category has one unique judge who chooses the winner from a finalist list of three contenders.
- Fiction: Dracula: The Official Stoker Family Edition, created by PadWorx Digital Media
- Non-Fiction: Logos Bible Software, created by Logos Bible Software
- Children's: A Story Before Bed, created by Jackson Fish Marke
- Reference: Star Walk for iPad, created by Vito Technology
- Comics: Robot 13, created by Robot Comics (by Thomas Hall and Daniel Bradford)
The awards were announced January 23 in New York City at the Digital Book World Conference.
- App Comics/Graphic Novels: The Wormworld Saga, Robot Media
- App Fiction: Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, Penguin USA
- App Juvenile: Cinderella App, Nosy Crow
- App Non-Fiction: The Magic of Reality for iPad, Random House
- App Reference/Academic: British Library 19th Century Historical Collection, Bibliolabs
- Digital-First Ebook: Desserts – Discover the dessert recipes 20 million home cooks picked as America’s best, Allrecipes.com, Inc.
- Ebook Children’s: Five Little Pumpkins, HarperFestival/Zuuka
- Ebook Fiction: Brad Meltzer’s The Inner Circle and Preston & Child’s Cabinet of Curiosities, Grand Central Publishing/Hachette Book Group
- Ebook Non-Fiction: AAA Las Vegas eTourBook Guide, AAA
- Ebook Reference/Academic Meggs' History of Graphic Design, 5th Edition, John Wiley & Sons
- Enhanced Ebook: Eva Scrivo on Beauty, Atria Books/Simon & Schuster
- Transmedia Project: Decoded by Jay-Z, Random House, Inc., Random House Publishing Group
The awards were announced January 16, 2013 in New York City at the Digital Book World Conference.
- App Fiction: iPoe – The Interactive and Illustrated Edgar Allan Poe Collection (Play Creatividad, S.L.)
- App Non-Fiction: Wine Simplified: Navigate Wine with Confidence (Open Air Publishing Inc.)
- App Juvenile: Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat Color & Create! (Random House Children’s Books)
- App Reference/Academic: World Development Report 2012 app for iPad (The World Bank)
- App Comic/Graphic: 2084 (Thunder Cloud Studios LLC)
- Ebook Children's: The Dinosaur that Pooped Christmas (Random House)
- EBook Fiction: Shuffle (Tonto Books)
- Ebook Non-Fiction: 11 Days in May (Waterside Press)
- EBook Reference/Academic: The Visions of Tondal from the Library of Margaret of York Publisher (Getty Publications)
- Enhanced Ebooks: Stretching (Shelter Publications)
- Digital First Ebook: Inside the Script (Warner Bros. Digital Publishing)
- Self Published: iOS App Development for Non-Programmers – Book 1: Diving In (Oak Leaf Enterprises, Inc.)
- Transmedia Project: Dynasty of the Magi (PoetCode)
- DBW Publishing Innovation Awards Finalists 2011, Digital Book World, Jan 18, 2011
- "Digital Book World Announces Publishing Innovation Awards ", Publishers Weekly, Dec 14, 2010
- Jacket Copy, LA Times, Jan 24, 2011
- Jay-Z, Big-Six Publishers Among Winners of Publishing Innovation Awards, Jeremy Greenfield, Digital Book World, Jan 23, 2012.
- Stacie Berger (January 16, 2013). "Publishing Innovation Award Winners Announced: Random House, Tonto Books, Warner Bros Digital Publishing Lead Pack". Digital Book World. Retrieved April 30, 2013.
- DBW Publishing Innovation Awards, official site.