Pubnico (village), Nova Scotia
- For more places called Pubnico, see Pubnico (disambiguation).
Pubnico is a small French Acadian community located in Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia on Nova Scotia Trunk 3 . It was founded in 1653 by Philippe Mius d’Entremont. It holds the distinction of being the oldest Acadian community still inhabited mainly by Acadians; in fact, most of today's residents are descendants of the founder.
West Pubnico is one of the top fishing ports in Nova Scotia by value of landings, and is home to 15 fish processing companies. Major species include haddock, cod, redfish, herring, lobster and scallops.
- West Pubnico Acadian Museum
- Historic Acadian Village of Nova Scotia
- All things "Pubnico"
- Biography of Philippe Mius d'Entremont
- Western Counties Regional Library: Official Site
- Official tourism website for Yarmouth & Acadian Shores, with information on Pubnico
|This Yarmouth County, Nova Scotia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Acadia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|