|• Total||24 km2 (9 sq mi)|
|• Density||830/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||up 77|
Pukhrayan is a city and a municipal board in Kanpur Dehat district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Found to the south-west of Mati on National Highway 25, Pukhrayan is 4 km from the Bhognipur.
Pukhrayan is located at  It is on average elevation of 124 metres (406 feet)from sea level. It is 22 km from (District Headquarters) Mati. Holy river Yamuna is near about 15 km south of the city. There have been many famous freedom fighters from pukhrayan who contributed for freedom of India. Some of them are Ramswaroop Gupta, Rameshwar Sachan, Shaligram Sachan, Tulsiram Sachan , Rewti raman Sachan & so many Freedom Fighters. Qazi Nasreen Akhtar has been elected as a sabhasad in municipal board four times in a row that is also a record in Pukhrayan's history..
Pukhrayan has a government hospital, because of which it has many chemist shops like Naveen Medical Store,Prashant medical store, Agrawal medical store, Sachan medical store & many more. Medicines from all eminent pharmaceutical companies are available here.Pukhrayan has also some excellent homeopathic doctors Dr.Ram Chandra Singh Sachan, Dr.Vivek Singh Sachan who are widely known for their treatment of Chronicle Diseases
Pukhrayan is also a place of pilgrimage. Temples include Mausoleum of Saint Sua Baba, Bade Mahadevan (lord Shiva), Mauhar devi Temple, and Siddheshwari Temple. It is also famous for Brick fields, rice mills and aluminium and steel utensils factories. It is situated 15 km from Kalpi [Death place of Rani Lakshmibai (a famous female freedom fighter)
As of 2001 India census, Pukhrayan had a population of 65,503. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Pukhrayan has an average literacy rate of 80%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 70%. In Pukhrayan, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pukhrayan has many UP board(state board) institutions. Some are:
- National Inter College
- Sarswati Bal Mandir
- Holy Cross Mission Public School
- Saraswati Shiksha Mandir Pukhrayan
There is also colleges for higher studies:
- Government Girls Inter College (GGIC)
- Ram Swaroop Gramudyog Inter College
- Ram Swaroop Gramudyog Degree College
- Prema Katiyar Shikshan Sansthan
- Shivmati Shivnandan Shukla Mahavidyalaya
- Vivekanand Rashtriya Inter College
- "Pukhrayan in India". India9.com. 5 December 2005. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.