Founded in 1982
|Current||Advanced Rookie (1969-1977, 1982–1992, 1997–2006, 2008–present)|
|Minor league affiliations|
|League||Appalachian League (1946-1950, 1952-1955, 1957-1958, 1969-1977, 1982–1992, 1997–2006, 2008–present)|
|Previous leagues||Virginia League (1942)|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||Seattle Mariners (2008–present)|
Toronto Blue Jays (2003–2006)
|Minor league titles|
|League titles||1986, 1991, 2013|
|Division titles||1984, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1997, 1999, 2008, 2010, 2013|
|Nickname||Pulaski Mariners (2008–present)|
Pulaski Blue Jays (2003–2006)
|Ballpark||Calfee Park (1982–1992), (1997–2006), (2008–present)|
|Pulaski Baseball Inc.|
|General manager||Ryan Kiel|
The Pulaski Mariners are a minor league baseball team based in Pulaski, Virginia, United States. They are an Advanced Rookie League team in the Appalachian League, and a farm team of the Seattle Mariners. The team plays its home games at Calfee Park. They have previously been affiliated with several other major league baseball teams, most recently the Toronto Blue Jays. That affiliation ended after the 2006 season and with no major league parent to supply players the team suspended operations for one season. On Sunday, Aug. 29, Appalachian League President Lee Landers announced that the club would return with a two-year deal with the Seattle Mariners.
Pulaski baseball history
- Pulaski Counts, 1942, 1946 to 1950
- Pulaski Phillies, 1952 to 1955
- Pulaski Cubs, 1957 to 1958
- Pulaski Phillies, 1969 to 1977
- Pulaski Braves, 1982 to 1992
- Pulaski Rangers, 1997 to 2002
- Pulaski Blue Jays, 2003 to 2006
- Pulaski Mariners, 2008 to present
Pulaski was the 2010 Appalachian League Eastern Division Champion.
The Pulaski Mariners play at Calfee Park. Calfee Park opened in 1935 and has a capacity of 2,500 fans. A number of houses that surround the park have good views of games. The director of stadium operations is Dave Hart and the head groundskeeper is Gary Martin.
The park had major renovations prior to the 1999 season, with a new grandstand behind the plate and along the first-base side as well as "open-air suites" (railed-in areas with picnic tables) farther down on the first-base line. A new scoreboard was also installed.
Notable former Pulaski players
- Steve Avery, Pulaski Braves, 1988
- Jeff Blauser, Pulaski Braves,
- David Elder, Pulaski Rangers,
- Aaron Harang, Pulaski Rangers,
- David Justice, Pulaski Braves,
- Mike Lamb, Pulaski Rangers,
- Kameron Loe, Pulaski Rangers,
- Javy López, Pulaski Braves,
- Kevin Mench, Pulaski Rangers,
- Travis Snider, Pulaski Blue Jays
- Jason Schmidt, Pulaski Braves
- Mike Schmidt, Pulaski Phillies
- Eugenio Vélez, Pulaski Blue Jays
- C.J. Wilson, Pulaski Rangers
Pulaski Mariners roster
- Avallone, Michael. "Minor League Baseball returns to Pulaski." MiLB.com 21 December 2007.
- "Mariners appoint new General Manager". December 19, 2011.
|Tacoma Rainiers||Jackson Generals
||High Desert Mavericks