|Elevation||272 m (892 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
According to an ancient saying "Pulivendula" is referred to as "Puli Mandala" (Translated from Telugu as 'Group of Tigers') which was a forest with reasonably high Tiger Population. Later it was changed colloquial as Pulivendula.
Pulivendula, the headquarters of the taluk, is situated on the road from Kadiri to Muddanur, being twenty-seven miles north of Kadiri and twenty-three miles south of Muddanur railway station. It is one of the fastest developing town in Y.S.R district (Formerly Kadapa district) with a population of more than 65,600 ( as per 2011 census). This is the most popular town in Kadapa district and state as well for its political background.
The climate is temperate and the land is fertile. Commercial crops like sunflower, ground nuts, banana, sweet lemon and lime are grown in surrounding villages. Bananas and sweet lemons are exported to the states of India. The town's main drinking water resource is Chitravati Dam, Parnapalli. It become famous by former CM YSR.
Ranganatha Swami temple, which was builded by Sri Krishnadevaraya of Vijayanagara Dynasty is an Historical place, and a must visit tourist spot.
Pulivendula town has one of the best infrastructure in the state . Main roads are four line roads and Every street has underground drainage system.
Pulivendula is well connected to kadapa by road having four line connectivity just like a national highway . All mandal headquarters are connected to pulivendula by double roads .
Pulivendula is well connected to major cities in the state by APSRTC Services . APSRTC provides direct connectivity to Vijayawada , Kakinada , Rajahmundry , Ongole , Nellore , Tirupati , Kurnool , Anantapur , Kadapa , Hyderabad , Banglore , Chennai .
The nearest Railway station to pulivendula is Muddanur which is situated in Chennai-Mumbai main line .
The nearest International airport to pulivendula is Kempagowda international airport and domestic airport is kadapa airport .
Pulivendula is located at  It has an average elevation of 272 meters (895 feet)..
Pulivendla is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- 1955 - obul Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1962 - C. Bali Reddy (Independent)
- 1967 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1972 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1978 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1983 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress I)
- 1985 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1989 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1991 - Dr. Y. S. Purushotham Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1994 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1999 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2004 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2009 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2011 - Y. S. Vijayalakshmi (Wife of Y.S.R) (YSR Congress)
- 2014 - Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (YSR Congress)
On August 23, 2007, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for setting up of a uranium mine and processing plant at Mabbuchintalapalli-Tummalapalle, about 15 km south of Pulivendula, at a total cost of 11.06 billion rupees ($269.9 million). The plant has been set up by the Uranium Corporation of India. Foundation stone was laid on 20 November 2007 by Late Dr Y. S. Rajashekar Reddy garu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. .
Huge deposits of natural uranium, which promises to be one of the top 20 of the world's reserves, have been found in the Tummalapalle belt in the southern part of the Kadapa basin in Andhra Pradesh in March 2011.
The Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD) of India, which explores uranium in the country, has so far discovered 44,000 tonnes of natural uranium (U3O8) in just 15 line km of the 160-km long belt.
This town has many hospitals for children and women. Dr. E.C. Gangi Reddy is a famous children specialist. Dr. S. Purushottam Reddy is legendary Eye Specialist who is also Ex. M.L.A. Following are the hospitals in this town practiced by qualified doctors:
- Pulivendula Area Hospital
- Pulivendula Primary Health Center
- DInesh Medical Center (Doctor Name: E.C. Gangi Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D Ped.)
- Y.S.R.R Hospital (Doctor Name: S. Purushottam Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D.)
- Balaji Nursing Home (Doctor Name: K. Vasundaramma M.B.B.S, D.G.O., Raghunath Reddy M.B.B.S, M.S (General))
- Tulasamma Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Raveendra Reddy M.B.B.S, D.C.H.)
- Neeraja Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Neeraja M.B.B.S, D.G.O.)
- Raja Raghavendra Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Dr. S.Pulla Reddy M.B.B.S)
- SonaMona Hospitals (Doctor Name: Sada Siva Reddy M.B.B.S.)
- Ragini Hospital Near Ganesh Temple ( Dr. Pavan kumar Reddy)
This small town has No.of Colleges and Schools. Top few are:
- Loyola Degree and PG College
- Loyola Polytechnic College (YSRR)
- JNTUA College of Engineering (Autonomous)
- Government Junior College
- Y.S.R.R ITI College
- B.K.R.M Junior And Degree College
- Sree Chaitanya techno school
- Sri Saradha Nilayam High School, Brahana Palli Road
- Sree Swamy Vivekananda School
- Nagarjuna High School
- vidhyadarsini school and Jr college- Great school and college once, now it is closed
- Rishi vidya nikethan School (Vidyadhari)
- Aurobindo High School
- Nalanda School
- Ravindranath High School
- G. Venkatappa Memorial School(Runs by Y.S.R Family)
- Narmada High School
- Sarada School
- Ramanappa Satharam School
- Ravitheja School
Following are the industries in this town
- Govindaraja Textiles p.v.l (is a famous industry employ's nearly 1500 people in that 1000 employees are ladies).
- samyu glass p.v.l
- NSL Textiles p.v.l
- IGCARL [Not functioning]