|Elevation||272 m (892 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
According to an ancient saying "Pulivendula" is referred to as "Puli Mandala" (Translated from Telugu as 'Group of Tigers') which was a forest with reasonably high Tiger Population. Later it was changed colloquial as Pulivendula.
Pulivendula, the headquarters of the taluk, is situated on the road from Kadiri to Muddanur, being twenty-seven miles north of Kadiri and twenty-three miles south of Muddanur railway station. It is one of the fastest developing town in the district with a population of more than 1,00,000. This is the most popular town in Kadapa district and state as well for its political background.
The climate is temperate and the land is fertile. Commercial crops like sunflower, ground nuts, banana, sweet lemon and lime are grown in surrounding villages. Bananas and sweet lemons are exported to the states of Assam, Maharastra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. The town's main drinking water resource is Chitravati Dam, Parnapalli. It become famous by former CM YSR.
RanganathaSwami temple, which was raised by Sri Krishnadevaraya of Vijayanagara Dynasty is an Historical place, and a must visit tourist spot.
Pulivendula is located at  It has an average elevation of 272 meters (895 feet)..
Pulivendla is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- 1955 - obul Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1962 - C. Bali Reddy (Independent)
- 1967 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1972 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1978 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1983 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress I)
- 1985 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1989 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1991 - Dr. Y. S. Purushotham Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1994 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1999 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2004 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2009 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2011 - Y. S. Vijayalakshmi (YSR Congress)
- 2014 - Y. S. Jagan Mohan Reddy (YSR Congress)
On August 23, 2007, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for setting up of a uranium mine and processing plant at Mabbuchintalapalli-Tummalapalle, about 15 km south of Pulivendula, at a total cost of 11.06 billion rupees ($269.9 million). The plant has been set up by the Uranium Corporation of India. Foundation stone was laid on 20 November 2007 by Late Dr Y. S. Rajashekar Reddy garu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. .
Huge deposits of natural uranium, which promises to be one of the top 20 of the world's reserves, have been found in the Tummalapalle belt in the southern part of the Kadapa basin in Andhra Pradesh in March 2011.
The Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD) of India, which explores uranium in the country, has so far discovered 44,000 tonnes of natural uranium (U3O8) in just 15 line km of the 160-km long belt.
This town has many hospitals for children and women. Dr. E.C. Gangi Reddy is a famous children specialist. Dr. S. Purushottam Reddy is legendary Eye Specialist who is also Ex. M.L.A. Following are the hospitals in this town practiced by qualified doctors:
- Pulivendula Area Hospital
- Pulivendula Primary Health Center
- DInesh Medical Center (Doctor Name: E.C. Gangi Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D Ped.)
- Y.S.R.R Hospital (Doctor Name: S. Purushottam Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D.)
- Balaji Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Vasundaramma M.B.B.S, D.G.O.)
- Tulasamma Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Raveendra Reddy M.B.B.S, D.C.H.)
- Neeraja Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Neeraja M.B.B.S, D.G.O.)
- SonaMona Hospitals (Doctor Name: Sada Siva Reddy M.B.B.S.)
Following are the industries in this town
- Govindaraja Cotton Mill (is a famous industry employ's nearly 1500 people in that 1000 employees are ladies).
- samyu gas p.v.l