|Elevation||272 m (892 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
According to an ancient saying "Pulivendula" is referred to as "Puli Mandala" (Translated from Telugu as 'Group of Tigers') which was a forest with reasonably high Tiger Population. Later it was changed colloquial as Pulivendula.
Pulivendula, the headquarters of the taluk, is situated on the road from Kadiri to Muddanur, being twenty-seven miles north of Kadiri and twenty-three miles south of Muddanur railway station. It is one of the fastest developing town in the district with a population of more than 1,00,000. This is the most popular town in Kadapa district and state as well for its political background.
The climate is temperate and the land is fertile. Commercial crops like sunflower, ground nuts, banana, sweet lemon and lime are grown in surrounding villages. Bananas and sweet lemons are exported to the states of Assam, Maharastra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. The town's main drinking water resource is Chitravati Dam, Parnapalli.
RanganathaSwami temple, which was raised by Sri Krishnadevaraya of Vijayanagara Dynasty is an Historical place, and a must visit tourist spot.
Pulivendula is located at  It has an average elevation of 272 meters (895 feet)..
Pulivendla is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh.
- 1955 - obul Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1962 - C. Bali Reddy (Independent)
- 1967 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1972 - Penchikala Basi Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1978 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1983 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress I)
- 1985 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1989 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1991 - Dr. Y. S. Purushotham Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1994 - Y. S. Vivekananda Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 1999 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2004 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2009 - Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhar Reddy (Indian National Congress)
- 2011 - Y. S. Vijayalakshmi (YSR Congress)
On August 23, 2007, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for setting up of a uranium mine and processing plant at Mabbuchintalapalli-Tummalapalle, about 15 km south of Pulivendula, at a total cost of 11.06 billion rupees ($269.9 million). The plant will be set up by the Uranium Corporation of India. Foundation stone was laid on 20 November 2007 by Late Dr Y. S. Rajashekar Reddy garu, Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. The mine is likely to be commissioned within 30 months and the processing plant in 36 months.
Huge deposits of natural uranium, which promises to be one of the top 20 of the world's reserves, have been found in the Tummalapalle belt in the southern part of the Kadapa basin in Andhra Pradesh in March 2011.
The Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD) of India, which explores uranium in the country, has so far discovered 44,000 tonnes of natural uranium (U3O8) in just 15 line km of the 160-km long belt.
This town has many hospitals for children and women. Dr. E.C. Gangi Reddy is a famous children specialist. Dr. S. Purushottam Reddy is legendary Eye Specialist who is also Ex. M.L.A. Following are the hospitals in this town practiced by qualified doctors:
- Pulivendula Area Hospital
- Pulivendula Primary Health Center
- DInesh Medical Center (Doctor Name: E.C. Gangi Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D Ped.)
- Y.S.R.R Hospital (Doctor Name: S. Purushottam Reddy M.B.B.S, M.D.)
- Balaji Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Vasundaramma M.B.B.S, D.G.O.)
- Tulasamma Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Raveendra Reddy M.B.B.S, D.C.H.)
- Neeraja Nursing Home (Doctor Name: Neeraja M.B.B.S, D.G.O.)
- SonaMona Hospitals (Doctor Name: Sada Siva Reddy M.B.B.S.)
- Pulla Reddy Hospital (Doctor Name: G. Pulla Reddy M.B.B.S).
- Raja Chest Hospital (Doctor Name: Raja Shekhar M.B.B.S, M.D. Chest.)
Apart from the above hospitals there are more than 50 clinics run by illegal medical practitioners. They are famous because of their steroid usage and strong antibiotics usage. Most of the people get cheated by these practitioners. Government officials are least bothered about taking action against them. In this town any unqualified people can practice medicine and conduct surgeries.There are several instances, at the time of deliveries, these unqualified doctors fail to help the pregnant and they refer to local private hospitals where the children die helplessly.
There are good number of Medical Labs. Here lab assistants conduct tests and also treat patients. Anyone can open a Medical Lab or Clinic and challenge law.
District Collector, District Medical and Health Office, District Health Officials never know infants death. These officials are not dared to keep eye on this town to crack the illegal medical practice.
Pulivendula people are not aware of industries until Late YS Rajashekhar Reddy brought couple of industries to this town. Following are the industries in this town
- Govindaraja Cotton Mill (is a famous industry employ's nearly 1500 people in that 1000 employees are ladies).
- Liquor Production. (Though it is illegal, it is made and sold in Pulivendula abundantly)
|This article has not been added to any categories. Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (April 2014)|