This article is about the district. For its eponymous headquarters, see Pulwama
Pulwama is a district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pulwama district has four tehsils:
This district consists of five development blocks: Tral, Keller, Pampore, Pulwama and Kakapora. Each block consists of a number of panchayats.
Pulwama District has four assembly constituencies: Tral, Pampore, Pulwama and Rajpora.
According to the 2011 census Pulwama district has a population of 570,060, roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 535th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 598 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,550/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.18%. Pulwama has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, lower than the national average of 940, and a literacy rate of 65%., slightly higher than the national average of 64.3%.
- Good Shephered Mission School Pulwama
- Morning Star Public High School Karimabad Pulwama
- Govt Boys M.M. Higher Secondary Institute Pulwama
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary Institute Pulwama
- Govt Women College Pulwama
- Govt High School Karimabad
- Govt Girls Middle School Karimabad
- M.M.E.T High School Pulwama
- MEI Pampore
- Zikra Educational Institute Pulwama
- Modern Public School Achan
- Govt Degree College Pulwama
- National Institute of Education and Training (NIET)
- Lyceum International School
- Dolphin International School
- Holy Mission Secondary School