Errol Eduardo Bedward, better known by his stage name Pumpkin was a musician, percussionist and band leader. He was renowned for being the one behind many old school hip hop tracks for the Profile, Enjoy, and Tuff City record companies.
He worked with several important early hip hop acts from 1979 to 1984, such as Spoonie Gee, Treacherous Three, Funky Four, Grandmaster Caz, Fearless Four, and Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde, as well as a host of more obscure names. His 1983 single "King of the Beat" was followed by one of his last productions, Pumpkin and the Profile All-Stars' "Here Comes the Beat" (Profile, 1984).
A collection of his work for Tuff City was released under his stage name in 1995 as The Tuff City Sessions on the retrospective label Old School Flava.
- The Tuff City Sessions (1995), Old Skool Flava
- Old School's Funkiest Drummer (1995), Tuff City
As a band-member/session musician
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (June 2011)|
- "Rappin & Rockin The House" - Funky Four Plus 4 (Enjoy)
- "Love Rap" - Spoonie Gee - (Enjoy)
- "Body Rock" - Trecherous Three (Enjoy)
- "At the Party" - Trecherous Three (Enjoy)
- "Feel the Heart Beat" - Trecherous Three (Enjoy)
- "Move to the Groove" - Disco Four (Enjoy)
- "Country Rock & Rap" - Disco Four (Enjoy)
- "Put The Boogie In Your Body" - Trecherous Three (Enjoy)
- "The Ultimate Rap" - Nice-N-Nasty Three (Holiday)
- "Ice Theme" - Dr. Ice (Enjoy)
- "Gonna Get You Hot" - The Master Don Committee (Enjoy)
- "Your Rock" - Fantasy Three (Specific)
- "Biters in the City" - Fantasy Three (C.C.L.)
- "Dollar Bill, Y'all" - Jimmy Spice (unknown)
- "Problems of the World Today" - Fearless Four (Elektra)
- "It's Magic" - Fearless Four (Enjoy)
- "Rockin It, Rockin It" - Fearless Four (Enjoy)
- "Gettin Money" - Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde (Profile)
- "School Beats" - Disco Four (Profile)
- "King of the Beats" - Pumpkin (Profile)
- "Here Comes That Beat" - Pumpkin & the All-Stars (Profile)
- "Funk Boxx 2" - The Master Don Committee (Profile)
- "Mr. Bill" - Grand Master Caz (Tuff City)
- "Joe Blow" - Puffy Dee (Tuff City)
- "Put That Head Out" - Wizard Wiz (Tuff City)
- David Toop, Rap Attack, 3rd ed., Serpent's Tail: London, 2000 (p. 17, pp. 87–88).