|Residence||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Other names||Power Star, Appu, Youth Icon, Box-Office king, Lohith|
|Occupation||Actor, Singer, Producer|
|Years active||1976–1989 (child artist)
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
Parvathamma Rajkumar (Mother)
|Relatives||Shivaraj Kumar (Brother)
Raghavendra Rajkumar (Brother)
Vinay Rajkumar (Nephew)
Puneeth Rajkumar (Kannada: ಪುನೀತ್ ರಾಜ್ ಕುಮಾರ್) also known as Power Star and Appu is an Indian film actor, playback singer and also a TV show Host who appears in Kannada films. He has a humongous fan base all over Karnataka and some other parts of South India. His skills such as dance, stunts (realistic fights done without a "Dupe"), empathetic acting & elegant mannerisms are enormously appreciated in the Kannada film fraternity. He has gradually turned out to be a good Singer of late, with producers and directors of various other films using his voice to add a "Commercial aspect" to their films. He is the highest paid actor in the Kannada film industry.
As a child artist, he has appeared in 14 films. His performances as a young kid in Bettada Hoovu, Bhagyavantha, Vasantha Geetha, Chalisuva Modagalu, Yeradu Nakshatragaluwere much appreciated. He won the National Film Award for Best Child Artist for the film Bettada Hoovu in 1986.
After having appeared in films as a child actor in the 1980s,Puneeth Rajkumar made his debut in a leading role in the film Appu in 2002. The film was a huge hit which was remade into Telugu as Idiot, in Tamil as Dum and in in Bengali as Priya Amar Priya in 2008. He has been noted for his performances in films like Appu, Abhi (2003), Aakash (2005), Arasu (2007), Milana, Raaj-The Showman (2009), Prithvi (2010), Jackie, Hudugaru (2011), Paramathma (2011), Power which are his biggest commercial successes so far.
Puneeth is the only actor so far who has managed to have ten consecutive movies declared as blockbusters soon after its release. In total, so far he has acted in 21 Films with Power being his latest, where he has the record of 14 films running for 100+ days and 5 films completing 50+ days at Theaters making him the only actor in India to achieve this feat.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 TV Shows
- 4 Other interests
- 5 Brand endorsement
- 6 Personal life
- 7 Popularity
- 8 Filmography
- 9 Awards and honours
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Puneeth Rajkumar was born as Lohith at Kalyani Hospital Madras to Dr. Rajkumar and Parvathamma Rajkumar. He is their fifth and youngest child. He is the younger brother of Shivarajkumar and producer, actor Raghavendra Rajkumar. With the blessing of his parents, Puneeth married Ashwini Revanath in 1999.
He started his film career when he was six months old in his father's films Premada Kanike and Sanadi Appanna when he was one year old. He appeared as a son for his real father in many movies such as Yarivanu, Vasantha Geetha, Chalisuva Modagalu. He left school at a very early age and began to act in movies. He studied with a private teacher at his home and later received a Diploma in Computer Science. He then started a career in a mining business before entering the film industry in leading roles. He was trained in dancing and fighting for three years before his first film as a hero. Puneeth has had training in Kalarippayattu, one of the oldest Indian martial arts.
Early career (1976–89)
His acting career started with the movie Vasantha Geetha, in which he acted when he was 5 years old.
Lead roles (2002–Present)
In 2007, he starred in Milana which has ran for a year in PVR Multiplex Bangalore. He received the Karnataka State Best Actor Award for his role in the film. In 2010, he starred in the movie Jackie paired with Bhavana Menon. This movie got wide critical acclaim  and was adjudged the Best Film of 2010 at the South Filmfare Awards. The Telugu version was released on 6 May 2011. He acted in two movies in the year 2011, including Hudugaru. Puneeth earned his second Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Kannada and also SIIMA awards for Best Actor for this movie. The other was Paramathma under the direction of director Yograj Bhat, followed by Anna Bond in 2012 directed by Soori, the director who had directed him in Jackie. His movie Yaare Koogadali released in December 2012 got rave reviews from critics and was followed by Ninnindale (2014). Power which has hit the theaters recently is going strong at the box office. Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days 
Apart from acting, Puneeth also had a singing career. He has sung since his childhood in all his movies as a child artist. Kanadante Mayavadanu from Chalisuva Modagalu is one of his songs as a child artist. He sang with S. P. Balasubrahmanyam in his movie Bettada Hoovu. When he entered as a male lead he also began singing at least one song in all his films.
It is usual for music directors of his movies to record a song in his voice. From his first movie Appu, he was mostly singing solo. With the song Jothe Jotheyali from the movie Vamshi he sang duets too. In 2010 he sang another fast-number in his movie Jackie after which he rendered voice to his brother Shivrajkumar's film titled "lava kusha" and Mylari. Puneeth has also given voice for Ganesh movie Shyloo and also for Yogesh's Sidlingu. He is also given voice in films Ale and Tony.
Most of his songs have turned out to be hits that include songs which are dominantly rhythmic and peppy such as "Bandanoora Bhandarella", "Hosa gaana bajaana", "Taliban alla alla", "Hotappa hotu", "Adhyaksha", "Naaire naaire" among others. And a few of his songs like "Jothe jotheyali", "Guruvaara sanje" have a melodious tune too.
In 2013 Puneeth hosted the quiz show Kannadada Kotyadhipati which is modeled on the Hindi show Kaun Banega Crorepati hosted by Amitabh Bachchan, which was in turn modeled on British show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? hosted by Chris Tarrant. Show had a very good Target rating points.. After the phenomenal success of season-1 second season followed in 2013.
Before entering the film industry he was actively involved in a Home Banner Vajreshwari Combines film distribution job in Karnataka, which still continues. He produced some of the movies made for their brothers Shivaraj Kumar as well as Raghavendra Rajkumar. Two TV serials were also produced by him. In the same serial he has made guest appearance. In the movie Akasmika he designed the costumes of Rajkumar.
Puneeth has a knowledge of Steadicam which is used in films to shoot scenes like stunts and car chases. Learning about new brand cameras and high definition lenses to movies is his favorite hobby.
Puneeth has also involved himself in philanthropic works with his mother Parvathamma Rajkumar and carries this out in an Ashram called Shakti Dhama in Mysore.
Puneeth's popularity has made him the brand ambassador for a number of brands such as 7 Up (PepsiCo), F-Square, Dixcy Scott, "Nandini" Milk products, Malabar Gold, Manappuram  among others. Apart from Commercials he is also the brand ambassador of Royal Challengers Bangalore, IPL team and a TV dance show called "DHEE" aired on ETV Kannada.
From the past 12 years he has been in ace position in box office and with "Power Star" movie he showed he is still king of box office. He has a huge fan following across Karnataka and outside karnataka. His films normally open at 2 AM and 3 AM shows in places like Bellary and Hospet etc. He has more family audience in Karnataka than any other actor. He enjoys fan following both in class and mass audiences.Surprisingly he has more children following also because of his dance and also because he has hosted Kannadada Kotyadhipathi show.
|Appu||Puri Jagannath||Remade in Telugu as Idiot, Tamil as Dum and Bengali as Priya Amar Priya||Rakshita|
|Abhi||Dinesh Babu||Remade in Telugu as Abhimanyu||Ramya|
|Munna||Meher Ramesh||Natassha (Anita Hassanandan)|
|Manu||S.Narayan||Remake of Telugu movie Amma Nanna O Tamila Ammayi||Meera Jasmine|
|Basava||Veera Shankar||Gowri Munjal|
|Ajay||Meher Ramesh||Remake of Telugu movie Okkadu||Anuradha Mehta as Paddu|
|Shivaraj Arasu||Mahesh Babu||Winner, Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Kannada)||Ramya,
Shriya Saran, Darshan (actor), Guest Appearance
|Aakash||Prakash||Winner, Karnataka State Best Actor Award
Dubbed to Malayalam as Ishtam Enikkishtam.
|Parvati Menon, Pooja Gandhi|
|Shivu||D. Rajendra Babu||Hansika Motwani - Preethi|
|Vamshi||Prakash||Winner, South Scope Award for best actor||Nikitha|
|12||2009||Raaj - The Showman
ರಾಜ್ - ದೀ ಶೋ ಮ್ಯಾನ್
|Mutturaja||Prem||Nisha Kothari as Paravathi (Paru)|
|Raam||K. Madesh||Remake of Telugu movie Ready||Priyamani as Pooja|
|Prithvi Kumar||Jacob Varghese||Parvathi Menon as Priya|
|Duniya Soori||Winner, Karnataka State Best Actor Award, Dubbed Telugu
|Bhavana Menon as Lakshmi|
|Prabhu and Maadu||K. Madesh||Remake of Tamil movie Naadodigal
Winner, Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Kannada
Winner, SIIMA awards for Best Actor
|Radhika Pandit as Gayathri|
|Param||Yogaraj Bhat||Deepa Sannidhi as Deepa, Thithi Vade
Aindrita Ray as Saanvi, Paseena
|Bond Ravi||Duniya Soori||Winner Suvarna Film Award for Favorite Hero
Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Actor
Nominated — Filmfare Award for Best Actor
|Priya mani as Meera
Nidhi Subbaiah as Divya
|Kumara||Samuthirakani||Remake of Tamil movie Poraali||Bhavana as Bharathi|
|Vicky Venkatesh||Jayanth C. Paranjee||Erica Fernandes as Pramila|
|21||2014||Power||Bharath Kumar||K. Madesh||Remake of Telugu movie Dookudu||Trisha|
|Puneeth Rajkumar||Mr Raghavan||With Mohanlal in a cameo appearance||Archana
|23||2015||Rana Vikrama ರಣವಿಕ್ರಮ ||Mr. Raghavan||Pawan wadeyar||Jayanna Combines ...started on 17th march||Anjali
|1975||Premada Kanike||Child artist|
|1977||Sanaadi Appanna||Child artist|
|1981||Thayige Thakka Maga||Child artist|
|1981||Bhoomige Banda Bhagavanta||Lord Krishna|
|1982||Chalisuva Modagalu||Ramu||Winner, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor (Male)|
|1983||Eradu Nakshatragalu||Raja||Winner, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Child Actor (Male)|
|1985||Bettada Hoovu||Ramu||Winner, National Film Award for Best Child Artist|
|1988||Shiva Mechchida Kannappa||Child artist|
As a Singer
|2002||Appu||Talibaan Alla Alla|
|2003||Abhi||Mama Mama Maja Madu|
|2004||Veera Kannadiga||Naire Naire|
|2005||Namma Basava||Rukku Rukku Rukkamma|
|2007||Lava Kusha||Hotappa Hot Sakkath|
|2009||Raam||Hosa Gaana Bajaana|
|2011||Shyloo||Pada Pada Kannada|
|2012||Anna Bond||"Kaanadanthe" Remix|
|2013||Tony||Pakka Paapi Naanu|
|2014||Savaari 2||Motu Beedi|
|2014||Aryan (2014 film)||Kannada Mannina|
|2014||Tirupathi Express (2014 film)||Naanu Righta|
|2||2012||Kannadada Kotyadhipati||Host||Suvarna||Aired 12 March 2012|
|3||2013||Kannadada Kotyadhipati Season 2||Host||Suvarna||Aired 11 March 2013|
Awards and honours
- Best Child Artist for " Bettadha Huvu ".
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor - Milana - 2008
- Karnataka State Film Award for Best Actor - Jackie - 2010
- SIIMA Award for Best Actor - Hudugaru - 2012
- Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Actor - Anna Bond - 2013
- Youth Icon of South Indian Cinema (Male) - 2013 
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Kannada) - Arasu - 2007
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor (Kannada) - Hudugaru - 2012
South Scope awards
- Suvarna channel movie awards - Best actor for the movie Jackie - 2010
- Suvarna Channel Most Favorite Actor for movie "Anna Bond"-2013
- Udaya Film Award
- Big Kannada Awards 2011
- Innovative Film Awards
- Udaya Film Awards -Best Actor Jackie
- Shivkamal, Aravind G (2010-06-29). "Puneeth Rajkumar: The impeccable aura of the Powerstar continues to dazzle". Southscope.in. Retrieved 2010-08-26.[dead link]
- "Naa Bidalare Ninnanu - Premada Kanike - Rajkumar Hits". YouTube. 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Naane Thaayi Naane Thande - Sanadi Appanna (1977) - Kannada". YouTube. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Puneet’s Jackie gets rave reviews from critics
- The glitter, the gloss, the razzmatazz – South Filmfare Awards. Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com (2011-07-03). Retrieved on 2014-03-08.
- Puneethh Rajkumar's next film titled Hudugaru
- The Hindu - In the name of God
- Puneeth to work with Soori
- "'Power***' Box Office: Puneet Starrer Makes Record Collection of ₹22 Crore in 6 Days". IBTimes. September 3, 2014.
- "Desi Shock Media Videos". Media.desishock.com. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Myalri creates a big buzz
- Tantri, Balaraj (2012-01-04). "ಕೋಟ್ಯಾಧಿಪತಿಗೆ ನೂಕುನುಗ್ಗಲು, 4ಲಕ್ಷ ಎಸ್ಎಂಎಸ್- 04 over lac sms for kannadada kotyadipathi - Oneindia Kannada". Kannada.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Dr Rajkumar International Hotel Bangalore hotel in Bangalore, India - Dr Rajkumar International Hotel Bangalore travel guide". tripwolf. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Punith Rajkumar Bio Profile Childhood Pics Wife Marriage Daughter Family Photos". Youthindies.Com. 2012-06-19. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "The Hindu - Puneeth Rajkumar is brand ambassador of Malabar Gold". Ddd.in.com. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "MANAPPURAM FINANCE - Gold Loan | Loan against Gold Ornaments | Loan against Gold Jewellery | Jewel Loan". Manappuram.com. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Puneet Rajkumar Biography | Kannada Actor | Fact File | Photo Gallery | Wallpapers | Videos | News | Oneindia.in". Popcorn.oneindia.in. 1975-03-17. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Free forum : resenje za Maju". Maja.up-with.com. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Puneeth To Be ‘Rana Vikrama’ for Pawan Wodeyar". newsboundary.Com. 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Prakash (2012-02-29). "What Puneet Rajkumar calls his computer in Kannadada Kotyadhipati?". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- Mounesh (2012-02-29). "What Puneet Rajkumar calls his computer in Kannadada Kotyadhipati?". Entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "SIIMA". http://www.siima.in/. "Winners-2013"