Punk in Drublic
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2007)|
|Punk in Drublic|
|Studio album by NOFX|
|Released||July 19, 1994|
|Recorded||1993-1994 at Westbeach Recorders, Hollywood, California|
|Producer||Ryan Greene and Fat Mike|
Punk in Drublic is NOFX's most successful album to date, peaking at number 12 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart. The album has received positive reviews and is now considered a classic punk album by fans and critics alike. Six years after its release, it became the band's only gold record for sales of over 500,000 copies in the United States, all without any radio play or aired music videos (although a video was made for the song "Leave It Alone"). Worldwide, the record has sold over 1 million copies.
The Allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine awards the album 4.5 stars and states: "The quartet didn't change their approach at all — at their core, they remain a heavy, speed-addled, hook-conscious post-hardcore punk group — but their songwriting has improved, as has their attack."
All songs written and composed by Fat Mike, except where noted..
|2.||"Leave It Alone" (Written by Fat Mike and Eric Melvin.)||2:04|
|5.||"Don't Call Me White"||2:33|
|6.||"My Heart Is Yearning"||2:23|
|7.||"Perfect Government" (Written by Mark Curry.)||2:05|
|12.||"Lori Meyers" (Featuring Kim Shattuck.)||2:21|
|13.||"Jeff Wears Birkenstocks"||1:26|
|14.||"Punk Guy (Cause He Does Punk Things)"||1:08|
- Mark Curry, Kim Shattuck - additional vocals
- Chris Dowd - trombone in "Dig"
- Kenny Lyon - additional guitars
- Mr. Rojers - steel drums
- New Jew Revue - gang vocals on "The Brews"
- The song "Jeff Wears Birkenstocks" is about Jeff Abarta, a long-time Epitaph Records employee and guitarist/singer in Punk Is Dead.
- "Linoleum" is referenced in the Pilot episode of One Tree Hill, when protagonist Lucas Scott notices a NOFX sticker on one of Peyton Sawyer's folders, he sings the line "that's me inside your head."
- Track 17 contains a hidden track starting at 5:29; guitarist El Hefe performs impressions of cartoon characters, such as Yosemite Sam and Popeye.
- The song "Jeff Wears Birkenstocks?" is included in the EA Sports video game NCAA Football 06.
- The song "Linoleum" was released as DLC for the music video game Guitar Hero World Tour.
- The song "Linoleum" was also featured in the soundtrack for the game Grind Session.
- "Linoleum" is also covered by hardcore-punk band Shai Hulud, metal band Avenged Sevenfold, Russell and the Wolf Choir, post-third wave ska band Streetlight Manifesto on their 2010 album 99 Songs of Revolution, Bad Astronaut, August Burns Red and Frank Turner
- The song "Lori Meyers" was covered by Aiden as a hidden track on their album Knives.
- The song "Dying Degree" was covered by Evergreen Terrace on their cover album Writer's Block.
- AllMusic Charts: Punk In Drublic Accessed 3 June 2008
- RIAA Certification: (requires search) Accessed 3 June 2008
- Rob Spectre (2009-05-25). "(d)N0t » Blog Archive » Dream Not Of Today – On The Shitter With Fat Mike by Rob Spectre". Dreamnotoftoday.com. Retrieved 2012-03-06.
- Allmusic review
- Robert Christgau review
- AllMusic Review: Punk In Drublic Accessed 24 July 2010