From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Punt (football))
|Look up punt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Punt or punting may refer to:
Sports and recreation
- Punt (gridiron football), a way of kicking a ball in the American or Canadian varieties of football
- Punt (Australian football), a way of kicking a ball in the Australian variety of football
- Punt (boat), a flat-bottomed boat with a square-cut bow developed on the River Thames
- Norfolk Punt, a type of racing dinghy developed in Norfolk
- Cable ferry, known as a punt in Australian English
- El Punt, a Catalan newspaper
- Punt gun, a type of extremely large shotgun, mounted directly on punt boats
- Land of Punt, a trading partner of Ancient Egypt, whose location is now unknown
- Puntland, a region in north-eastern Somalia, centered on Garowe in the Nugaal province.
- Punt (surname), a surname
- The Punt or Punt Éireannach, also known as the Irish pound, which was the currency of Ireland prior to its changeover to the Euro
- A tool used in glassmaking
- A punt mark or pontil mark, left by the glassmaking tool
- The indented bottom of a wine bottle
- Punt, a colloquial term in British English for bet or wager in gambling.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Punt.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.