The Punta del Este Sevens is an annual international rugby sevens tournament held in Uruguay, held at the resort of the same name in Maldonado Department. It was formerly part of the IRB Sevens World Series for the inaugural 1999-2000 circuit.
Internationally, it is the highest profile Uruguayan rugby event, and has attracted players of the calibre of Jonah Lomu in the past, as well as teams from Fiji, Argentina, New Zealand and Samoa which are considered the top sevens nations.
- ^ Bath, pp 6, 78
- ^ Atlantis: US Sevens Rugby: A Summary and History, retrieved, 10 December 2009
- ^ West Indies Sevens Changes on Rugby Bahamas, published 14 March 2009, retrieved, 10 December 2009
- ^ Bath, p 78
- ^ NZ wins Uruguay sevens in The Press (Christchurch, New Zealand), published 7 January 1999
- ^ The Development of Rugby in the River Plate Region: Irish Influences - Hugh FitzGerald Ryan, part four, retrieved, 10 December 2009
- ^ Rugby World Cup Sevens: Tanivula: Kiwi head Fiji heart, published 3 February 2009, retrieved, 10 December 2009